Join now - be part of our community!

Grainy viewfinder and unclear shots for a7iii

SOLVED
profile.country.US.title
tjwiley
New

Grainy viewfinder and unclear shots for a7iii

I bought the a7iii with the kit 28-70 lens and a 24-105mm f/4 G OSS lens.

I cannot see clearly through the view finder. I have tried toggling it so I could find the perfect focus on my eyes, but it remains so grainy that I really have no idea how my pictures are coming out. I tried it on both lenses and I still have the issue. I can hardly see what I am taking pictures of.

Also the images lack clarity. I have to sharpen them in post editing. Nothing is coming out as it should for a camera that cost as much as it did. I personally am extremely disappointed in the product .

I am not a professional but I have been into photography for almost 15 years so this is not a new thing for me.   

I would love to know how to deal with the viewfinder issue the most. I figure once I can see clearly without all the noise, the rest may fall into place. Any ideas why this would occur?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Definitely agree with @HannahEd01 

Mine is pin sharp to the point I'm often reducing the default lightroom sharpness in post to get some non destructive noise reduction Vs the horrible Adobe noise reduction. Give it a full reinitialise after pulling the batteries and if you still suffer from issues, id suggest either exchanging it from store, or if too long past, getting it looked at. Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey tjwiley, try the usual drill, remove the batteries for two minutes, initialize the settings. If the issue remains contact Sony to send it for repair. Or it's fairly new contact the point of sale and replace it dude.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Definitely agree with @HannahEd01 

Mine is pin sharp to the point I'm often reducing the default lightroom sharpness in post to get some non destructive noise reduction Vs the horrible Adobe noise reduction. Give it a full reinitialise after pulling the batteries and if you still suffer from issues, id suggest either exchanging it from store, or if too long past, getting it looked at. Good luck