Join now - be part of our community!

AF MF button on [Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss T*] came off

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
L_Brohard
New

AF MF button on [Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss T*] came off

The AF MF button on my [Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss T*] has partly came off (it is only half attached from a dried glue sting...).

Looking close, it almost seems I could glue it by myself (the rotating mechanism seems disconnect from the point of glue), but obviously, the lenses does costs 2100€, so I don't want to screw up !

Has anyone already faced this issue, and how was it solved ? Was it returned to a repair centre and how much did it cost ?

DSC06026 Bis.jpg

DSC06029 Bis.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

I would agree with Si, the cost of this sort of repair will be much less than replacement cost... as there are probably no parts required it will be priced according to the time it takes to reaffix the button, which you may find is worth shopping around for.

Try a reputable high-street camera store; they usually offer competent repair services. For complete peace of mind (and possibly not such a big difference in price) you could register for a Sony-approved repair. Enter your lens model number (SAL2470Z) on this page and follow the online instructions.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
silawre
New

I take it is not under warranty any more?  If so I'd still suggest you send it for repair because getting a repair wrong yourself could cost you the lens.  Sadly I do not know the cost of a repair but it would be worth it for such an amazing lens.

Nice to see it attached to a quality camera :wink: :cool:

Si

Message was edited by: silawre

Mick2011
New

I would agree with Si, the cost of this sort of repair will be much less than replacement cost... as there are probably no parts required it will be priced according to the time it takes to reaffix the button, which you may find is worth shopping around for.

Try a reputable high-street camera store; they usually offer competent repair services. For complete peace of mind (and possibly not such a big difference in price) you could register for a Sony-approved repair. Enter your lens model number (SAL2470Z) on this page and follow the online instructions.

Cheers

Mick