Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-AS50 eats memory cards

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
CielUdbjorg
New

HDR-AS50 eats memory cards

Suddenly, my HDR-AS50 won’t accept ANY memory cards. I removed mine to take a look at it, replaced it, and now I get the blinking "broken card"-icon. I removed it again, found all the files were there and intact, copied them over, and reformatted the card on my computer. I tried Mac format, Windows FAT-32 and the other common Windows format to no avail. I bought a brand new card, and it won’t accept that either. Would a software update help, or is the card reader suddenly dead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @CielUdbjorg,

the most common issue with this action cam is, that you can enter the SD card in two ways due to the slot also accepting memoryStick as media.

Next to the SD card slot there is a little pictogram indicating the orientation of the SD card.

If I recall correctly, the contacts have to face towards the side of the camera the display is on.

- Nic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @CielUdbjorg,

the most common issue with this action cam is, that you can enter the SD card in two ways due to the slot also accepting memoryStick as media.

Next to the SD card slot there is a little pictogram indicating the orientation of the SD card.

If I recall correctly, the contacts have to face towards the side of the camera the display is on.

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
CielUdbjorg
New

It was as simple as that. Damn, wiping this egg of my face is a drag! :tongue:
Somehow, I thought those just-visible contact "fingers" on the bottom of the card slot were the ones aligning with the contacts on the card.
Put the card in the other way, turned the camera on, a second goes by, the formatting "spiral" comes on in the display, and then it’s all ready. Presently 40 000 images in time-lapse mode. It was as simple…

:slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @CielUdbjorg,

glad I could help out :slight_smile:

- Nic