Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-AS15 Action Cam charge problem

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_BE.title
pablolhoas
Visitor

HDR-AS15 Action Cam charge problem

we just bought an action cam and we have a problem charging the battery.

Connecting the device to the computer it recognizes it (usb appears on the camera screen) bi-ut it doesn't charge ...

no light, no sign on the screen, nothing.

The battery seems ok we charge it with an external charger ...

thank you in advance for your help

25 REPLIES 25
AlexM62
New

will also work on computer when switched off and enough power from USB. Switching it on will let it switch to USB connection without charging, i think....
kingsfist
Explorer

Thanks mate it really worked for me, took out the card camera is charging again.

thanks a bunch 

profile.country.en_GB.title
pmclaughlin
Explorer

This whole problem  is most likely a simple issue with the default power profile settings on windows computers. By default they are set to very green power efficient settings,

There is an option to stop it turning off power to USB ports:

(windows vista,7/8, xp will differ slightly)

Control panel → power options → (choose the high performance profile) change plan settings → change advanced power settings → usb settings → usb selective suspend settings → setting (then change it from enabled to disable and click apply).

However, I think I've experience where a device(the Ps Vita) lost all its charge and then needed 2secs of charging by wall outlet before it had enough power to charge from USB, so even with the changes to windwos power profile settings, you might need to give the device a little kickstart by walloutlet, if it is completely falt.

Yeap! Removing the SD Card did the trick. I can charge now. Card needs to be out when charging

Weird but I'm ok with this

Gary88
Explorer

Hi Simon,

The action cam recharges on other laptops, just not mine. I have a brand new Asus with USB3. I have tried to change USB power settings on my laptop but I do not know where to do this.Google hasn't been much help.0

Do you know if it is possible to chang eUSB power output settings? 

Thanks

steve907
New

I cannot believe this was written in 2013. It is now 2020 and I have the same issue. Way to go Sony. Very disappointing and a complete waste of money. This is the last Sony product I buy. Poor quality control and seven years later the issue is still not fixed. Shame on you Sony.