Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-AS200 wont work

HDR-AS200 wont work

hi everybody. need some help.. I used my as200 for a first time underwater with the waterproof case in very little depth (10-20cm under sea surface) and it just stop working.. i ve change the battery with a new one and the only thing it does is, it blinks the red light back of the camera.. it blinks with specific order, 2 slow blinks-small pause -6 fast blinks. If someone can help how to fix this..

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @dimispanagio,

is the SD-card entered the right way round?

Did it get wet?

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
Dimisr6
Explorer

I try to start it even without sd card.. nothing happens. The screen on the side wont open...  Yes it get a little bit of wet... 

profile.country.GR.title
Dimisr6
Explorer

Hey i am dimispanagio who make this post.. i dont know why sony change my user name. Please if you know how to fix this. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dimisr6,

so if it got wet, it might be broken. 

Have you charged the battery properly inside the camera? Does the camera even show a light when connecting it to the charging cable? Did you try another charger?

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
Dimisr6
Explorer

I try to charge the cam with another charger and the cam react with the same way. Flashing the light two-six times and then the same again. The charging indicator light does not stay always on as it must be when it charges.