Join now - be part of our community!

KD49x8505bbu How to sort favorites digital channel list

SOLVED
studavie61
Explorer

KD49x8505bbu How to sort favorites digital channel list

KD49x8505bbu:

I have created a favorites list from the Digital channels but they are all in the wrong order. I need to have BBC3 and BBC3 HD together.

I can see no way of sorting in Favorites. Is this possible?

I can see an option to Sort the Channels list but that is long winded and is reset with  a Scan.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
studavie61
Explorer

That did it.

I downloaded the Sony Editor from that site and it does everything I need.

Export the channel list (Dont mess with it in another editor as the checksum will be invalid and it will not load)

Load it up in the editor.

Drag n Drop to sort. 

You can also control your favorites and delete programs

Save the file..

Import the updated chanenl list

Your done.

Thank for your help 🙂

Stuart

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont have the new 2014 tvs to experiment on - however sometimes the coloured buttons on the remote have other functions (red, green, yellow, blue)?  Or see if the options button works?

When you add the channel to the favourites list, does it automatically put the channel at the bottom?  What im getting at is, try adding them to the favourites in the order that you want them.

Cheers

studavie61
Explorer

The only way I can currently see to add to favorites is - given the current list of programs, tick which program you want in favorites.

There is no ADD feature where the order is defined. You are just given the list of current programs and you tick the ones you want.

The only way I can see currently is to Sort the channel list but this is horrendous. You have to move individual programs to a new position in the list and it swaps the contents. Given I have 145 programs this could take forever and ALL of that work will be undone when a scan is done.

There is a feature to export the list to a USB, do you know how this can be used. I have not tried it yet. I am hoping I can export, re-order on a computer and import but I dont hold out much hope:-(

Regards

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Export to USB - I have also seen this feature on other language forums.  Admittently I do not know anything about this.  However, If you give me some time, I will find out.  I'll post back.

Cheers

Edit:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HA230111/EN/c_digi_europeonly_listtrans.html

According to the instructions, it can be edited on a PC, however it doesnt explain how.  Whilst im awaiting more information, it couldnt hurt to give it a go.  Im assuming that once you export the list to USB, you can then open this list using notepad and make changes.    Give it a go anyhow - if not, I have requested more detailed information.

studavie61
Explorer

I have extracted the XML program list and it is quite complex. 

I would have liked to see a simple nested element for each entry but the person who designed this obviously was having  a bad day!

I will look at analysing it and let you know my findings

It is over 20K so I could not send it to you in this message. 

I could email if you want it.

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you able to upload it to a dropbox or file hosting site by any chance - As I am interested ?

Also, one of the other experts in another country came up with this:

http://www.sony.de/support/de/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-editor/sony-editor

Its in german, and if you use Google Translate.

Also, when I change the URL, to UK, and English, I get:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-editor/sony-editor

Cheers

studavie61
Explorer

That did it.

I downloaded the Sony Editor from that site and it does everything I need.

Export the channel list (Dont mess with it in another editor as the checksum will be invalid and it will not load)

Load it up in the editor.

Drag n Drop to sort. 

You can also control your favorites and delete programs

Save the file..

Import the updated chanenl list

Your done.

Thank for your help 🙂

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - Glad it worked for you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update.

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi i have downloaded the Sony editor software, and Copied the 

the chanel list to a usb stik no problem there, i edit the list on pc

save the list to the usb stik and try to import it to my TV KDL-46W905A

it always comes up as failed.

Any good ideas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive just tested this on my 2013 TV (KDL-42W807A) and works flawlessly.  Its a feature I was aware of, but until this thread, never looked at.

The only couple of suggestions I have:

• Are you sure you over-wrote the previous file (as in File > Save) in the Sony Editor program.
  • Was the USB drive detected on the TV??  Most likely cause, as see below.
  • As soon as I reconnected my USB drive into the TV, I never needed to goto the import menu, it detected USB device, and immediately detected a new programmes list was detected, do you wish to over-write etc etc.  Did this message come up when re-inserting USB drive into the TV?

Cheers