Join now - be part of our community!

Losing freeview channels

Cozboz
Explorer

Losing freeview channels

Hi we bought the Sony bravia 32R503CBU on August 29th at the Bournemouth Currys store and everything was fine till yesterday when all of a sudden we had the tiny pop channel on no 126 and it started going funny and then went blank and said there was no signal, and other channels have done the same thing. What would you suggest as not very happy that we have only had it 2 months.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Hi

I have had this exact error on My KDL-50W809c bought in October 2015 model.

Since the last update that changed the Freeview logo in the top right corner, I can turn the TV on and look at ITV and it will say NO Signal, yet when I look at BBC1 it appears fine. Then pressing the Guide buttom will show the events.

However moving to another channel may result in that channel not being available or disapearing. Eventually the Guide will show nothing and all the channels Fail.

Only retuning the Digital Signal will restore them. This has happened twice around 3-5 days appart.

I MAY have a solution: In the Digital Signal section there is an AUTO UPDATE option which may mean that the TV constantly searches for channels and new signalls and may adjust the feq of the stored channels. (this is not the software update on option)

I have turned this OFF. Its been 3 days now since the last retune so figures crossed.

The only other solution is maybe update to the new YouView update if available for your model (nov 4th update) and this may fix the issue.

Let me know.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

@TheRookieUK - I have hopefully answered your questions in your other thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-kdl-50w809c-digital-tv-lost-channels-and-3d-pop-up-...

@Cozboz - If you are loosing channels, have a read of the reply that I have posted above. 

Cheers

Cozboz
Explorer

Hi it seems to be working OK now without me having to do anything but I am sure it will play up again. Thank you for your advice. X

Cozboz
Explorer

Hi just to let you know the TV is working at the moment but thank you for your advice, will know what to do next time. X

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I updated to YouView last night and so far all OK.

I also turned off the Auto Service option so hopefully it won't look for another channel or aerial.

Time will tell of course.

Also I don't think there is anything wrong with the aerial. The cable was new when the aerial was installed around 8 years ago and I also tookthe old brown cable out and put sheilded Coxial Digiatl cable into the cavitiy wall.

Has been fine for years and also no Leaves on the Aerial.

Thanks for the reply. Lets hope it never does it again.

Cheers

Cozboz
Explorer

I have heard of freeview but not youview what is that please ?

profile.country.GB.title
TheRookieUK

YouView is FREEVIEW but a Application version of software that was used in set top boxes from BT and TalkTalk.

If you google it you will see. Its just a Application that combines, a search engine, ondemand, recording of programmes and other features. Needs a Digital Signal.

On Nov 4th Sony released a new firmware update enabling the YouView App choice that before was just the standard Freeview Guide. (EPG)

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify, YouView was enabled for Android based TVs.  I dont think the R series TV that you have CozBoz is Android based if memory serves me right.