Join now - be part of our community!

Re Sony HX9V

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kenneve
New

Re Sony HX9V

I am finding that the in-camera sharpening is a bit overdone.

Is it possible to adjust the amount of in-camera sharpening? If so how do I do it.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Simple answer - yes, you can change the sharpening in the settings menu.  You do not have to be in Manual Mode to do this.

I am wondering if the moderators on here even have access to this camera.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello kenneve :slight_smile:

The first thing I would suggest is to set the focus to 'manual' as this will give you a greater amount of flexibility when taking photos.

There is a lot of information about the various shooting modes in the user manual provided with your camera. The information is laid out slightly differently in the Cyber Shot online user guide for the HX9V which can be found here:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX9V_guide/eng/contents/03/index.html

Hope this helps,

Simon

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Simple answer - yes, you can change the sharpening in the settings menu.  You do not have to be in Manual Mode to do this.

I am wondering if the moderators on here even have access to this camera.

profile.country.GB.title
kenneve
New

Many thanks for the answers so far. Yes I have found the sharpening routine in the menu and I am currently experimenting with the variations.

Have only had the camera a couple of weeks or so and so far have been blown away by the results. My only concern has been the shooting of fast moving subjects, which appeared come out somewhat blurred. However I have now found the Sports Mode and that appears to have solved the problem.

As they say 'If all else fails, read the manual', though I have to say the subject details are very poor, with just a very basic description of the various functions. The on-line version, as previously mentioned is much better.

I find the Full HD video is virtually equal to normal broadcast television. and a far cry from the days of Hi-8 tapes!!

All in all a superb camera for the money and I may well sell my Nikon DSLR on, as I haven't used it since the DSC-HX9v arrived.

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

I am impressed with the camera also, except what seems to be over zealous Noise Reduction.

Less impressed with the responses from Sony on this forum though.  Most of the responses are next to useless, when they are not apparently waiting for weeks for a technician to respond.

profile.country.GB.title
kenneve
New

I totally agree with you on the mattter of noise reduction, also the response from Sony to the points raised on this forum.

After all, this forum is part of the Sony website and one would thought that it was in their best interest to respond to these concerns.

As someone else said, 'we are only the customer!!' It certainly doesn't auger well for future business!

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

I think its just a bunch of people answering an number of forums.  I doubt they even know the specific items they are assigned to.  Annoying though, as it is always 'I will get a second opinion', or even more annoying when they come up with something stupid like in your case.