Join now - be part of our community!

xz1 - forgotten pin

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Explorer

xz1 - forgotten pin

Hi

I thought I would power on my old phone which I admittedly don't use but is useful as a spare. It's asking for the pin but says it's wrong. I googled the issue and it suggests find my device or xperia companion 2.2 can help. The former just finds my new phone and the latter says my device is locked when connected (like I didn't know.....). I tried a volume down and power button but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any other tips please?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @arnieboy 

Try to shutdown your phone before doing the software repair by the Xperia companion by pressing and holding on the power button and volume up key, until the device vibrates 3 times, then leave the phone aside, and open the Xperia Companion on your computer, and follow the on screen instructions, until you reach a page that has a sentence at the bottom says " my device is not detected or smartwatch" make sure that you tick the box beside it, for the app to recognise that your device is shutdown.

Then after that, follow the rest of the instructions until it tells you how to connect your phone to the computer, that should work for you.