Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Mount SD Card n.a.

SOLVED
sgiesen78
Visitor

Xperia X Mount SD Card n.a.

Hi folks,

today I got my new Sony Xperia X. Wow, I am impressed. Kindest regards to Sony Mobile.

Well, one problem left:

With my Sony Xperia Z3 I was able to connect to my car audio system in MSC Mode / mount SD card. And so I could use my phone as an "USB drive" 

Spoiler
very useful especially with 128GB micro sd cards and more 

When I connect my new Xperia X to my Mac or to the car audio system the only possibilty is to do this in MTP mode. No access to sd card, only to internal storage.

So my question is: Where has the MSC mode gone? Is it gone? If not, where to enable it? If it's gone, what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

I'm glad to hear that you're impressed by your Xperia X Slightly_smiling_Face

As @nolramlb says, i'm afraid MSC is no longer supported. It's still possible to access the SD card over MTP though. When you connect using MTP, the root folder of the phone will have two folders, "Internal Storage" and "SD card". See if you can navigate up one step in your car/computer so that you see these two folders.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

MSC was remove since I think the 5.1.1 update. there is no way to bring it back. It was google's plan to increase security.. so the only way to go is MTP

Rickard
Master

I'm glad to hear that you're impressed by your Xperia X Slightly_smiling_Face

As @nolramlb says, i'm afraid MSC is no longer supported. It's still possible to access the SD card over MTP though. When you connect using MTP, the root folder of the phone will have two folders, "Internal Storage" and "SD card". See if you can navigate up one step in your car/computer so that you see these two folders.