Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to connect to wifi without entering password

profile.country.GB.title
zapryan_d
New

Unable to connect to wifi without entering password

I've just got a new mobile wifi hotspot card and I am able to connect to the network without entering a password on my laptop but my phone won't let me connect without entering a password. I didn't actually get a password for the network and my housemate is able to connect without entering one on her iPhone but I can't do this on my Xperia. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @zapryan_d,

in which type of device does the card run to create the hotspot? Is it one of those small battery powered mobile routers or a USB-drive type of device?

Maybe the password for the mentioned "new card" is the same as before which is the reason the notebook and iPhone could connect rigth away (as they were paired to the mobile hotspot before when you used a different SIM-card in there)?

It would be great if you could share the info regarding the mobile hotspot device as there is probably documentation on the manufacturers website on how to get to the setup menu and change the password to a new one. I doubt the device didn't have a password set when you first received it, as all these hotspots have a default password with 8 or even 16 digits set.

- Nic