Join now - be part of our community!

Fingerprint ID with Double Tap to Sleep

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
matthewfox1972
Visitor

Fingerprint ID with Double Tap to Sleep

So I have a new Xperia X. I have set up fingerprint ID authentication which works well. I toggled the option in the home screen settings to enable 'double-tap to sleep' and when I do that, the screen turns off but the fingerprint authenitcsation doesn't work - i.e. I am forced to unlock the phone using the PIN method.

Is this a bug, or just something quirky that I am doing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

I just had a look in an Xperia X with the latest available software and it was now possible, it seems that it has been changed in an update. @JoeBongo @Foxtrot1972

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Foxtrot1972,

I have tested this and I can replicate it as well. This is related to the strong authentication security specification in Android 6.0 and it works as designed according to the information that I have.

JoeBongo
Visitor

Doesn't require PIN on mine and I'm up to date on software.

Emir1
Hero

The way to replicate it is this:
1. Use Xperia home as a launcher and a fingerprint lock
2. Activate double tap to sleep
3. Double tap on the home screen to sleep, try unlocking with the fingerprint

When I do this I get to enter my PIN, does the same happen for you @JoeBongo?

JoeBongo
Visitor

Hi

I have fingerprint security set up same as you. I lock with double tap, then wake with double tap, then use fingerprint to unlock. No pin needed but I could enter it instead of using fingerprint if I wanted to.

What software version are you on?
Emir1
Hero

I just had a look in an Xperia X with the latest available software and it was now possible, it seems that it has been changed in an update. @JoeBongo @Foxtrot1972

Nuttie
Visitor

My Xperia X also need PIN to unlock after double tap to sleep mode. I have the latest software available in my country.
Emir1
Hero

The build that I tried this with is 32.0.A.2.292, which build are you running @Nuttie? You can find the build under Settings > About phone > Build number.

If you have not yet received the update, then I ask you to be patient and keep a lookout for a notification stating that there's a new update available for your device. Update timing varies depending on factors such as market and operator, so not all devices receive the update simultaneously.

Nuttie
Visitor

I have 34.0.A.1.277 thx, i will just wait for an update (i ve seen on google 283 and 292 build).

I have also an issue with double tap to wake up, becouse it wakes up in my pant pocket. The screen is too sensitive but it is case for another topic.