Join now - be part of our community!

battery heat issues with latest system update

profile.country.GB.title
xperiaproiuser

battery heat issues with latest system update

XPERIA PRO-I

Have submitted below to Sony support.  wanted to make others aware to either confirm if they have also updated or avoid if they havent yet.

=======================

installed 61.2.f.0.191 earlier today.

device now immediately heats up in normal (light) use when it never did before so that it is too hot to hold. battey also dropping about 1% every minute or so.

i have the battery care set to always and 80% and usually keep the charge between 50-80% so the battery has always been taken care of. this has literally only started immediately after this last system update.

please investigate this URGENTLY - consider pulling the update so others cannot install it, investigate and send out a new version ASAP.

This has made my phone unusable. I do not want to either burn myself or risk battery/phone damage or even fire! I am therefore powering my phone off.

Again, I repeat that this immediately happened only after the system update.

67 REPLIES 67
Piscie
Community Team

Hi @duncy21, that must be very frustrating! But I think it's a known issue that affects all Xperia phones, so maybe that's why it sounded generic. And they should be releasing an update to fix this very soon.

profile.country.GB.title
arokub
Explorer

After latest update (64.1.A.0.929) it seems to be ok, no empty app, no drain, no temperature rise.

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

I received a new update as well on my Xperia 5iii: build 61.2.A.0.460. I will wait installing this one until some more people confirmed it is safe. I don't feel like going through another software repair. 

profile.country.GB.title
snowdog
Explorer

I installed 61.2.A.0.460 on my Xperia 5iii this morning. So far all good - no heating issue, no battery drain, no ghost app.

profile.country.CZ.title
zavovi
Explorer

Hi,

I updated my Sony Xperia 1 IV and everything is fine! My girlfriend updated her Xperia 5 III and same result - fine.

Dilby100
Explorer

Does anyone know if this will also be rolled out to the 10IV..

I have the same issue, but the 10IV doesn't seem to be mention in the thread.

profile.country.GB.title
fsbarbero
Explorer

I have 10 IV and have experienced the same issue as others.

Still waiting for the update.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, Sony posted the below as a solution for the issue on a different platform: 

Change the Date to one month later → Restart the phone → Restore the Date setting.
-Follow the steps below: 
-Disable [Automatic date & time]: 
Find and tap [Settings] → [System] → [Date and time] → Tap the switch to the right of the [Automatic date & time] to disable it. 
-Change the date to one month later.
-Restart your Xperia phone:  
Press the [Power button] and the [Volume up button] at the same time. 
In the menu that opens, tap [Restart]. The device restarts automatically. 
Make sure the "Ghost app" icon has disappeared. 
Enable [Automatic date & time]: 
Find and tap [Settings] → [System] → [Date and time] → Tap the switch to the right of the [Automatic date & time] to enable it.
Note: If you're not using [Automatic date & time], manually set the date back to its original date and time.

Let me know if that helps.