Join now - be part of our community!

Audio delay - KD-43X89J TV

profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O
Explorer

Audio delay - KD-43X89J TV

Hi,

Purchased my TV in January this year, a couple of months ago and more recently getting worse, the TV flickers/blinks and ends up knocking the audio out. Sometimes the flicker is not so bad other times it will have a hissy fit and just go off for a couple of seconds and return. The only thing that 'fixs' it, is to turn the TV and/or Sky box off. The problem is intermittent, annoyingly, but very frustrating when it's doing it several consecutive times.

The TV has a sound bar connected, the Sky box and a couple of consoles. A Sky engineer has been out and replaced the box and I've done a factory reset to no avail 😞  checked for updates and it's up to date.

Any help/advice be appreciated

F

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, can you tell us which device is connected to which HDMI port on your TV? Since it is only happening with the Sky box, can you try a different HDMI cable? 

profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O
Explorer

Hi,

The HDMI connected to the Sky box was replaced but this is in the arc port (no.3) with the 'console' HDMI being used in the 4th port. I've ended up contacting Sony direct as the shop I purchased the TV from said I need to go direct to Sony, seems to be a sound bar issue as I left that unplugged and listened to sound through the TV speakers and there were no issues. They're now looking into/troubleshooting the sound bar (also a Sony) to see why that's causing an issue as it seems very odd and unusual. The sound bar is/was connected via the headphones port and the sound settings made no difference as it still flickered. 

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, I would recommend connecting the soundbar to your TV via either a HDMI cable and that would be in the ARC port on your TV or via an optical cable. Check this link and this link that will help with how you can connect your soundbar and TV together. I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Fatsy-O
Explorer

Hi, 

Thanks for reply. The sound bar doesn't have a HDMI option, hence being connected via the optical cable (headphone port on TV), which allows volume control using either the TV/Sky remote. If connect the sound bar and TV via Bluetooth then only way to control the volume is with the sound bar remote, which don't want to have to use two remotes to control the volume.

Having carried out a sound bar reset and reconnecting the optical lead, it seems to be working again although there are the odd flicker moments but it doesn't knock the audio out as it previously did. We've ordered a new sound bar which has the HDMI ARC option so hopefully this will cure all current issues. . .

Thanks for advice

F