Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 - pairing problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Forty_Two
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 - pairing problems

I want to use the WF-1000XM3 to listen to my Sony Bravia TV via a Taotronics TT BA09 Pro wireless adapter.  I am having problems pairing.  My question is – what can I do to identify the reason?
As you will know the WF-1000XM3 does not have a ‘pairing button’ and I presume (?) the flashing blue light indicates that the XM3 is searching for a device to pair with – i.e. I don’t need to do anything / press anything to switch on it’s pairing mode?
The Taotronics TT BA09 Pro does have a pairing button and pressing this button brings on a red flashing light at A but a codex light never lights up (not paired (?))!

Any tips on what to do to narrow down to reason for failing?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Forty_Two
Explorer

After failing to identify which TV sets have Bluetooth built in from the Sony site my search led me to the AO site (the place the sell fridges and washing machines) that site was a little more user friendly with its 'filtering' features and selecting 'google enabled' lit up the Bluetooth button.  The question is - if I buy any TV that is google enabled will that TV automatically be Bluetooth enabled. 

Question for Sony - why is a fridge selling web site better designed for TV selection that the Sony web site? 

profile.country.GB.title
Forty_Two
Explorer

The last reply from Sony on this question (for thos that might read it in the future( is  . . . .  there is no device that will make my Sony KDL-24EX320 bluetooth enabled i.e. a device has not been invented that can do that or that model of TV cannot be enabled to do that.  I find that difficult to believe but I give up