Join now - be part of our community!

Cant connect my sonos sound bar via the optic

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
nathan0403
Explorer

Cant connect my sonos sound bar via the optic

Im Having trouble getting sound out of my Sonos Playbar with the optic cable. tried all the usual settings and cant figure it out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
nathan0403
Explorer

Hi, I have just discovered I have a faulty optic cable and managed to obtain a new one and the system is now up and running. Thank you for your swift responses and helpful tips. Just need to fix the picture quality now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@nathan0403 

You haven’t given us very much to go on 😢

What are you trying to connect it to?

Have you followed the instruction in the SONOS app, which walks you through this?

And please can you list all the ‘usual settings’ you have worked through, so we don’t suggest something you have already tried?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
nathan0403
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I've got TV xr65a84ku and converted the audio setting to tv speakers ans then followed the sonos app instructions and it wont connect. Probably need to speak with SONOS on this onevas the music on my sonos phone app works perfectly but, not the tv.

I will document my TV settings and report back

thanks for the support

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@nathan0403 

You need to set the audio setting on the TV to Digital Out, not TV Speakers:-

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/iaep1/v1/en/04-04_02.html

• You need to configure the [Digital audio out] settings according to your audio system. Press the Quick Settings button (a sort of *) on the remote control, then select [Settings] — [Display & Sound] — [Audio output] — [Digital audio out].
  • If the audio system is not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS, set [Settings] — [Display & Sound] — [Audio output] — [Digital audio out] to [PCM].
  • The [Digital audio out] settings are disabled when using audio signals that are passed through from the HDMI input and using eARC.

Re bullet point 2, the Playbar does not support DTS, so if you are trying to pass that, follow the advice given.

Re bullet point 3, you probably aren’t trying to run an (e)ARC device from the eARC-enabled HDMI Out (are you?), but if you are, you can’t have both. To be sure, turn (e)ARC off.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
nathan0403
Explorer

Hi, I have just discovered I have a faulty optic cable and managed to obtain a new one and the system is now up and running. Thank you for your swift responses and helpful tips. Just need to fix the picture quality now