Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] TV rebooting after Internet Content Refresh resulting in blinking LED

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

[Master Thread] TV rebooting after Internet Content Refresh resulting in blinking LED

Hello everyone,

We recently noted that some TVs of the series KDL-xxEX, KDL-xxHX and KD-84X9005, that went on sale in 2012, will reboot in a loop after internet content has been refreshed ending up with a blinking LED. To avoid this symptom please disconnect your TV from the Internet until this issue has been fixed. To do so please disconnect the LAN cable, unplug the Wi-Fi Dongle or disable Wi-Fi in the settings of your TV.

If you're already affected by this problem please use one of the following workarounds:

1) In case of Wired LAN connection:

• Unplug TV
  • Disconnect LAN cable from TV
  • Plug TV
  • Use TV under off-line condition until the issue is fixed.

2) In case of Built-in Wireless LAN connection:

• Unplug TV
  • Turn Wi-Fi Router off
  • Plug TV
  • HOME > Settings > Network > Change ‘Built-in Wireless LAN’ from ‘On’ to Off’
  • Use it under off-line condition until the issue is fixed.

3) In case of USB Dongle Wireless LAN connection:

• Unplug TV
  • Disconnect USB
  • Plug TV
  • Use TV under off-line condition until the issue is fixed.

This issue is currently under investigation and we hope to have it solved soon. If you face this problem please reply in this thread.

Thanks a lot for your understanding

Your community team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johankustner
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Please note that resetting the TV solved the problem.

Regards,

Johan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
johankustner
Explorer

I've unplugged the LAN cable and turned the wireless router off, yet the TV keeps rebooting and I can't get into the settings menu. Please can you provide an alternative solution to this. Is there a means of resetting the TV or going back to default settings?

johankustner
Explorer

My TV is a KDL-46HX853 and the LED flashed 8 times. It initially reboots several times and then goes into the flashing LED mode. I am unable to get into the Home screen to change any settings as the TV reboots after 5 seconds.

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Johan,

Did you unplug your TV from the power?

You can do a factory reset as follows:

Preparation

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. After one minute, plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.
  3. Make sure the TV is on.
  4. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet just as before.
  5. After one minute, plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.

Factory Reset
After a picture or display information appears, wait two seconds then follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Image [up arrow] button on the remote control.
  2. While you are still holding the button, press the Image [Power] on button on the side of the TV.

3. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
  4. Release the Image [up arrow] on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.

NOTES:
    - If the Reset message does not appear and the TV turns off and on, begin again from Preparation Step 3.
    - If the standby light begins blinking eight times, return to Preparation Step 1.

5. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for one minute.

6. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  7. After 10 seconds, plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet then proceed to Initial Set-up.

Initial Set-up

1. Make sure the TV is on.
  2. The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial set up.
    IMPORTANT: If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn or disable the network connection then repeat the procedure from Preparation Step 1.

Cheers

Peter

johankustner
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Please note that resetting the TV solved the problem.

Regards,

Johan

Hi,

Do you know how long it will take for the problem to be solved? or can we connect back to the Internet after resetting tv?

Regards

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Information received this morning - Problem has been solved. If anyone has 8 blinks, you must factory reset tv.

Cheers
deneche
Explorer

Hi Johan

Firstly; my experience is also that at TV reset gets the TV up and running again.

Secondly; have you been able to succesfully refresh the Internet-content after resetting your TV?

When I try to reset the Internet content - the TV returns to the error state with the red LED-light blinking eight times during the restart loop - and a new reset i required to get it up and running again.

--------------------------beneath an update on this post-----------------------

Since Quinnicus also wrote the issue was fixed - I succeeded in refreshing the Internet-content through the HOME-menu-option. The SEN-menu is now without the music category - what remains seems to function properly.

-Che

I've also had this problem. I've disconnected from my router and LAN and the reset worked. However, is it now okay to reconnect the TV to my router and the Internet? I don't want to have to reset the TV constantly unless Sony has solved this problem.
deneche
Explorer

@Vegraville

I had the same concern initially - but after reading Quinnicus' post I gave it a go. I plugged in the LAN-cable and I am no longer experience the issue, which startet this thread.

I am not familiar with an official Sony released message, which confirms that the entire issue has been solved.

-Che