Join now - be part of our community!

Early Adopter Gifts

profile.country.en_IE.title
anobrie79
Visitor

Early Adopter Gifts

I would like to voice my concern that Sony obviously have more respect for people in the UK,Spain and Italy when it comes to rewarding them for purchaing the Tablet at the initial price point. When I ( living in Ireland) try to register for "gifts" I have to choose which of these countries I live in. Of course this may be due to the fact the Video Unlimited, Playstation and Reader Book Store software is STILL not available to the Irish market despite the fact that we must pay the same as everybody else for the device.....................very unhappy to say the least

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

I live in the Uk and can't register for the gifts either I bought the day after launch.

So the website tells me it's too early. That said if you could get the playstation store the 5 games are free to all as is signing up to music unlimited - as mentioned I didn't get any free movies but can at least access video unlimited.

The thing is though and it has been said by many others most of us were aware we were buying bleeding edge.

Rgrds

Padster

profile.country.en_IE.title
anobrie79
Visitor

I take your point but I can't accept that Reader Store is bleeding edge, it's been in the US and Canada for years. My biggest gripe (and I consider this to quite serious) is that the Tablet has been advertised in Ireland as having all of these "encompassing" features, the fact is quite simply that it DOESN'T. Manufacturers cannot promote a feature/product on the basis of it being available at an undecided date in the future AFTER you have parted with your money. I've been a SONY user for many years now but this whole Tablet business is leaving a bitter taste.

moh_tiger
New

hello

i was given my tablet as a gift i didnot realise there are early adopter gifts. how do i go about claiming the gifts

lemurville
Visitor

It isn't an early adopters gift, quite the opposite. You have to have bought 21st November onwards.

See the tablet section of Sony's website for how to claim.

The Sony Reader store isn't in the UK probably because Sony couldn't agree terms with UK publishers.

Try Kobo, Google or Amazon instead. Chances are they'll offer a better experience than Sony ever could ...

The post price drop already is worth a read too.

Oh and try the android market place from the web. You can get videos there

Message was edited by: andyrlea

Message was edited by: andyrlea

daddyduche
Visitor

Once again it doesn't pay to be a day one purchaser of Sony products like myself :slight_frown: I contacted the Sony centre where I bought my tablet when I noticed the price drop but never did get a reply & so decided against buying the £1600 computer system I had my eye on if this was the customer service and thinking that it could be a few pounds cheaper next week, but seeing the start date on these freebies is a real kick in the teeth.

moh_tiger
New

ok sony are you reading this . i think you should show some loyality to the early adopters. 

zabius
Visitor

Ouch.. what PC system was you buying for £1600?!???!!?

Sounds like a best of a machine!