Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to connet sony mex-bt3800uct to Blackberry

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pennT5
Visitor

Unable to connet sony mex-bt3800uct to Blackberry

I have a Blackberry i have been unable to connect it to my Sony mex-bt3800u.  The phone works OK with other blue tooth devices but it doesn't find the stereo when it searches for it.  I have cleared all previous devices and reset back to factory settings, bluetooth ICON is illuminated but still nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi pennT5,

From what you've said above it sounds like you might not have put the MEX-BT3800U in pairing mode initially so that your Blackberry can 'see' it?

If you haven't done this initial setup, then press and hold down the 'BT' button on the front of the MEX-BT3800U for about 5 seconds until the Bluetooth icon on it's display starts flashing.  Then search for Bluetooth devices with your Blackberry.  Hopefully one of the devices discovered will then be 'XPLOD' which is the MEX-BT3800U.  The default passkey when your phone prompts for it is 0000 (four zeros).  Once paired, the MEX-BT3800U and your Blackberry should recognise each other automatically in the future as long as Bluetooth is switched on on both pieces of equipment.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi pennT5,

From what you've said above it sounds like you might not have put the MEX-BT3800U in pairing mode initially so that your Blackberry can 'see' it?

If you haven't done this initial setup, then press and hold down the 'BT' button on the front of the MEX-BT3800U for about 5 seconds until the Bluetooth icon on it's display starts flashing.  Then search for Bluetooth devices with your Blackberry.  Hopefully one of the devices discovered will then be 'XPLOD' which is the MEX-BT3800U.  The default passkey when your phone prompts for it is 0000 (four zeros).  Once paired, the MEX-BT3800U and your Blackberry should recognise each other automatically in the future as long as Bluetooth is switched on on both pieces of equipment.

Hope this helps.