Join now - be part of our community!

Speaker docks for walkman?

profile.country.da_DK.title
jenso1
Visitor

Speaker docks for walkman?

Does anybody know if Sony's going to widen it's (non-existing) range of speaker docks compatible with walkman?

I've seen examples of speaker docks on japanese websites, but non in Europe.

I own a S-series walkman, and the sound is incredible. It just seems completely insane that Sony produces a large number of speaker docks for the iPod, but does not support it's own product - in Europe at least. If I can't use my walkman in my home, it has less value to me as a consumer.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
annieb_101
Visitor

defo agree with you there 😕 sooo **** annoying ... i've found one in the USA but duno how long it will take to arrive, this is it

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/645997-REG/Sony_ICFC8WM_ICF_C8WM_Mobile_Phones_.html

I'm gona go into the electrical shops in town (wigan) n see if they have any ... i'll keep you posted x

Message was edited by: -frank-

goeslike
Visitor

Sooo agree with you. It's driving me mad that everywhere I go I can find Sony alarm clocks, speaker systems etc, all for iPod docking but not for Walkman. Why????!!!  I love my Walkman, and don't want to be one of the drones turning to iPods, but is it any wonder, when it is so much easier to buy accessories for them. Even getting an arm holder, for my Walkman when running was only possible through the Sony store.

Please Sony, restore my faith in you, and support your own product and not Apple!

brayman1140
Visitor

I too HOPE sony will address this issue. I bought an NWZ-X1050 for Christmas and have trnasferred my CD collection to it as my CD player gave up the ghost on most Cds. I connect it through the headphone socket to phono on my amp to my 100 watt speakers but would really love to have a docking station to connect in preference.

I really do not want to go the iPod route as I have an aversion to all things Apple!

Also, does anyone know if I can charge the Walkman  via a USB - 3pin plug that I use for my camera?

alantwats
Visitor

I agree this is a ridiculous situation with Sony selling out to the i-pod instead of supporting those who have actually bought a walkman (NWZX1050 in my case) and benefited from superior sound. All the high street outlets and indeed most of those on-line sell docking stations for the i-pod and we are left with just one choice - the SRSNWGU50, which in itself is not bad but a bit of choice would not go amiss.

I find the situation baffling. Sony please look at this and show some loyalty to those who like quality sound, not gimmicks.

profile.country.en_IE.title
snipe_rovers
Visitor

I agree also, it's really dissapointing to walk into a sony  store to buy accessories for my X-series to find that all that's catered for is iPods.  I too have an aversion to all things apple and the choice has really been taken from the market.  I was going to buy an ICF-C8WM  but I've found that it's no longer on the market with no replacement planned yet.  That's really what I want is an clock radio with a docking facility for my walkman.

profile.country.en_IE.title
iadavis35
New

I use a 3-pin usb charger device and it all works great.Used it in Europe and the u.s. with no problems.Hope this helps,good luck.