Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A846 32GB Walkman

profile.country.en_GB.title
serenity2000
Visitor

NWZ-A846 32GB Walkman

So... i'm thinking of spending £200 on a 32gb walkman and, from what i see on the user manual, i can't even make favourite lists to play selected groups of songs? So if i feel like a mix of heavy metal one day and a mix of ambient chillout the next... i'm stuffed? So much for advanced tech. Is this right???

Thanx,

SP.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
ag0000
Visitor

Hi, if you're using Windows Media Player 11 or higher then you can create a playlist in WMP and sync the music and playlists to your Walkman.  I am using Windows Media Player as supplied in Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1) and haven't had any problems syncing my music library and playlists with the Walkman.  You can only edit and create a playlist in Windows Media Player in this case but providing you're happy to do that then sync-ing to the Walkman will transfer those updates to the playlists in the Walkman.  I've noticed on another post for the NWZ-A845 that there have been issues with Win XP (SP3) where the Walkman only connected in USB mode and not Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).  I think this is a driver issue with Win XP and I don't think you'll get this on Windows 7.  If you are using W7 go into Control Panel and search for 'Change Device Installation Settings' and make sure you have the option set to 'Yes' before connecting the Walkman.

If you are considering buying it (I own the 16GB NWZ-A845) the downside is the battery life in practice only lasts 10-12 hours for audio and it doesn't really run at a high volume so if you have tracks recorded at a low volume level that can be a problem.  The plus side is the sound quality is absolutely superb.  I'm using mp3 files 320kps originating from CD. I'd also recommend the MDR-EX510LP headphones for fine detail and high sound resolution but they don't have noise cancelling. Hope this helps in your decision making. Rgds.