Join now - be part of our community!

MiniDisc recorder MZ-RH1 transfer speed slowdown

profile.country.hu_HU.title
djpese
Visitor

MiniDisc recorder MZ-RH1 transfer speed slowdown

Hi Everyone,

As MZ-RH1 is the only model, which allows transfer of your old MD recordings to the computer, I quite frequently use it for that purpose, just to have a backup of my collection. I normally transfer SP mode recordings with "as is" setting, so the transfer of an 80-minute MD takes about 25 minutes, while that of a 74-min MD takes about 20 minutes  (with SonicStage 4.3 running under XP PRO SP3).

For about 2-3 weeks I didn't have time to play with it, but when I plugged in the walkman today and started to transfer some recordings (from the MD to the computer), I couldn't believe my eyes - the process slowed down to no extent :slight_frown: and now it takes longer than real-time recording!

What happened?

Of course I checked all SonicStage settings - I found everything is as it was last time. I tried the good-old Microsoft method and restarted my computer with only the SonicStage running (so that to reduce the load on the system components), but the transfer speed didn't change - it is still slower than realtime. :thinking:

Anyone can give me an idea, what happened and how can I get back to to the original transfer speed?

Thanks

djpese

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
trott3r
Explorer

Yes its the old minidisc drivers for other MD recorders that are conflicting with the drivers for mzrh1.

You need to get rid of the old drivers to stop the conflict.

Martin