Join now - be part of our community!

MDR100ABN Bluetooth drop-outs

stleven
Explorer

MDR100ABN Bluetooth drop-outs

I have these headphones paired via Bluetooth with a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium phone (running Marshmallow software build 32.2.A.5.11)..  I am experiencing random drop outs of connectivity - one minute I am listening happily to music with no connection issues, then suddenly the audio in my headphones stops entirely and continues on the loudspeaker of the Z5 as if there was no Bluetooth connection (very embarrassing at high volume on a train!). The strange thing is that the phone is still showing an active Bluetooth connection to the headphones and there is no 'Bluetooth disconnected' announcement on the headphones. Also the phone continues to show the 'LDAC device connected' notification (and I have been setting this to Connection Preferred' to rule out any related issue). The only way to restore audio on the headphones is to turn off and on again (either the phone or the headphones). This is happening maybe once or twice each day.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am happy to be told this is more likely an issue with my phone.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you have stamina mode enabled on the phone?  If so, test with it disabled and see.  Also advise you un-pairing the headphones and re-pairing them again.

One last thing, try this:

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/100abn/v1/en/contents/TP0001034995.html

Cheers

stleven
Explorer

Interesting, thank you. I have my phone set to switch to stamina mode automatically when the battery level hits 30% but it hasn't actually been in stamina mode when the drop out occurs.