Join now - be part of our community!

Can't use left earbud with WF100MX3?

profile.country.GB.title
Rhys.Jamess
New

Can't use left earbud with WF100MX3?

I have recently bought a pair of the WF100MX3 earbuds and sometimes I just use one. Whenever I take the right headphone out of the case it connects and plays no problem however I cannot do this with the left one. The headphones will not connect if the right one is in the case. How can I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Rhys.Jamess,

I think this help article will help you to resolve the issue: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000xm3/v1/en/contents/TP0002395214.html

There it says: 

• The Google Assistant feature can be assigned to the touch sensor of either the left or right unit.
    When the Google Assistant feature is assigned to the headset and you want to use only one unit of the headset, use the unit with the Google Assistant feature assigned.
  • The Amazon Alexa feature can be assigned to the touch sensor of either the left or right unit.
    When the Amazon Alexa feature is assigned to the headset and you want to use only one unit of the headset, use the unit with the Amazon Alexa feature assigned.

So it probably has to do with Google Assistant or Alexa being assigned to one of the units.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
mlbeck
New

I have been having the same issue with my earphones for a few months now. Removing the Google Assistant assignment solves this 100%! Thanks IamNic.