Join now - be part of our community!

XP drivers for VGN-CR31S/W

Karculya
Visitor

XP drivers for VGN-CR31S/W

I've just bought my new Vaio, and i would like to download the drivers for XP, but on the official site there is no drivers for xp for my model...Can someone help me with them, or if someone has the drivers for similar model,like CR21ZR/R,can you share with me...Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Karculya and welcome to Club Vaio.

It would appear that Sony do not support XP on your model.

Sony did release XP Drivers only for the CR11-Series and the CR19-Series but no Utilities were released which made it impossible for everything to work properly with XP. The Special Keys, Power Management, Camera Utility, AV-Mode and Screen Brightness are typical Utilities driven functions on a Vaio which will not work with XP. In addition you will lose ALL the prinstalled software.

My advice would be to try and persevere with Vista because your CR31-Series will not work properly with XP.

However, if you MUST have XP for some reason, I can only suggest you try the Drivers for the CR1-Series and do without the other functions. Look to see if any devices on your model are different from the CR1-Series.

XP DRIVERS FOR CR1-Series VAIOS

You could ask Sony support if XP Drivers are going to be released at any time in the future. Make sure you create at least two sets of Recovery Discs - you may have to reinstall Vista if you wish to make a warranty claim in the future.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Since replying, I have found these XP Drivers and Utilities for the CR31-Series Vaios on the Sony Asia Pacific site: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/240810

I can't guarantee that they will work but at least they are a full set of both Drivers and Utilities for XP.

:wink:

Karculya
Visitor

Blincogo, thanks a lot for your help...Hopefully XP will work ok))

Ledja
Visitor

Blincogo, thanks a lot for your help...Hopefully XP will work ok))

Ledja
Visitor

Hi everybody! I think that we have related problem. I have VGV-CR31S and i've been under a lot of strain searching for camera and memory card reader/writer drivers(XP) a few days ago, but i can´t find them. I am novice here and would like to have your help, please. I need this drivers badly.

Ps: i tried from this web: http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/240810 but it´s not compatible.