Join now - be part of our community!

Warranty

cabla
Visitor

Warranty

I was sold a machine with International warranty at home in the UK. The laptop broke down in South Africa on our holiday one week after purchase. The Sony centre manager now writes to me: "I apologise about the incorrect information you were given about the overseas warranty pack. It can be confusing keeping account of the Countries that are included in the pack, and unfortunately South Africa is not included.

I am not willing to refund your laptop as prior to purchase I do not believe you were given any misleading or incorrect information."

How can I get this Laptop made by Sony sold with an International warranty, and with manufacturing defect to be repaired under warranty, where I use it...in South Africa at the moment???

2 REPLIES 2
littlebucko
Visitor

by the sounds of it you might need to buy another pack or bring it back to the uk to get fixed

carloscerros
Visitor

I'm sorry for you cabla,

It's a very strange word VAIO "Overseas", they indeed gave only a couple of countries where unit can be repaired in warranty if VOS purchased:

According Sony:
"Valid in the following countries: USA, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia"

that's Sony ...