Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-S5M screen drivers ?

Neme6
Visitor

Vaio VGN-S5M screen drivers ?

Hi !

I've just done a "format" to my VAIO VGN-S5M and the question is....where i can find the screen drivers? Windows set the "Windows Default" Screen drivers in a 60Hz refresh.

What i have to do?

Thank you very much :wink:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Neme6,

did you run the Vaio recovery utility to format and restore your Vaio.?

You can download the Original Drivers Package for your Vaio S5M from the Vaio Support drivers and Updates section. Use the following link to download the files: Original Drivers Package

Neme6
Visitor

Hi!

I do my own format....without the recovering tools and putting the website original drivers....but the screen doesn't appear....

Thanxxx

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Neme6,

open Device Manager, then expand Display Adaptors, what display driver is listed..?

You should have nVidia GeForce Go 6400..

Neme6
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Appears "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400"..

Thanx :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Appears "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400"..

Hi Neme6,

Therefore you have the correct drives and as far as I am aware 60Hz is the correct LCD refresh rate..

Why is 60Hz a problem.?

Neme6
Visitor

Hi and thanks !

The optimum screen refresh in a LCD is 60Hz ? well I don't know...it seems to be higher! :tongue:

But, before the format it seems to me that the screen was brighter than now! perhaps I'm wrong, but I thank it's caused by the "Default Monitor" drivers that automatically Windows installed.

It's right to have a "Default Monitor" drivers installed in the "Type of Monitor" tab?

Thank you very much for your time :wink: