Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO TT and Win 7 issues

profile.country.GB.title
ribatte
New

VAIO TT and Win 7 issues

I've done a clean install with Win 7 x64. I cannot seem to get the S1 and eject CD buttons to work and also the 3G sim card modem working. There is also no driver for the mouse pad (it works with an MS driver have the driver settings like web assist and scroll etc.)
The volume buttons do work but I don't get the little display when I press them.

Also VAIO Control Centre does not work properly, it doesn't have any of the settings in liek battery care, HDD protect or Sony battery profiles.

Could anyone tell me what ORDER I'm supposed to be installing things in as I'm assuming that is the reason for things not working.

THANKS!

VGN-TT11WN/B

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony do not appear to support 64-bit on your model - all I can suggest is that you look at one of the TT4 models download page.

There is no guarantee everything will work but I see a 64-bit Pointing Device Driver and other 64-bit drivers on the page for the TT4MRG here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-TT4MRG_N

You need to install the following 64-bit utilities in order: -

SFEP & SPIC (must be installed from Device Manager)
Sony Shared Library
Vaio Event Service
Setting Utility Series
Other Utilities

Protector Suite and the TPM hard disc protection are also available on that page.

As I said there are no guarantees - it is your decision to try these.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
ribatte
New

THANKS for the reply!!!! I now have the mouse pad working as I'd like it from the link you gave me! It's annoying that they're not supporting x64 but things are looking more positive now.

I'm thinking that these drivers may work so willing to give this a go. What are the SFEP & SPIC drivers for? I think I can install them in Device manager but I don't know which device to istall them to.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

First check in device manager under 'Human Interface Devices' for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver. If its already there then it is already installed and you can carry on installing the others utilities in order.

1. If it is not there open device manager and check for devices that Windows 7 did not automatically install. Look for one either called 'Unknown Device' or something like 'Intel LPC Device' with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
2. If you find this then right click the device and choose 'Properties' and then find the 'Details' tab.
3. In the drop down box one of the items will be Hardware ID.
4. Choose this option and make sure that the hardware ID is SNY5001. Only if this ID matches you can now click the 'Drivers' tab and click to 'Install Driver' as normal.
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Select Have Disk....
8. Select Browse....
9. Browse to your back-up driver .inf file. (\\SFEP\SFEP.INF)
10. Next ..........
11. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".
12. Close & Re-Boot
13. If it works, pour yourself a big drink!
14. Install the other drivers in order.

Incidentally if you find a hardware ID SNY6001 you need to install the SPIC driver in the same way.

Good Luck

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
ribatte
New

Thanks so much for the instructions!!! I've managed to get everything installed and working perfectly, seems better than it was under Vista. I did get myself that drink but I think you deserve one too!!

One slight issue is that the mobile broadband isn't working. I have my SIM card in and I've installed the x64 drivers from the other model, apparently succesfully, and then the x86 Globetrotter software from my model as it didn't install with the drivers which is a little weird since they both seem like the same package, just for different models. Anyway, on trying to use Globetrotter it says device not connected and in VAIO Smart network I can turn WAN on but when I click settings it says 'Please install the wireless WAN connection utility' which I can't specifically find. Any ideas?

AJDalholm
Visitor

Someone somewhere on the internet wrote down this recipe I've tested it and it works - for some reason the install order DOES matter:
I ended up with the following installation sequence using the latest drivers that I found:
1. Sony Shared Library - 5.4.0.05200
2. Setting Utility Series - 5.0.0.07300
3. VAIO Control Center - 3.3.0.12240
4. VAIO Event Service - 5.0.0.07010
5. Firmware Extension Parser - 8.0.0.1
6. Programmable IO Controller - 8.0.0.1
7. Audio Driver - 6.0.1.5859
8. Bluetooth Driver - 6.2.0.9600.0908210
9. Chipset Driver - 8.7.0.1007
10. Memory Stick - 6.3.0.61
11. Memory Card - 6.3.2.28
12. Video - 8.15.10.1872
13. WLAN - 12.4.1.11
14. Pointing Device - 7.202.505.108
15. VAIO Power Management - 4.0.0.08240
16. VAIO Smart Network - 3.0.0.09080
17. Fingerprint - Protector Suite - 5.9.2.5739
18. Globetrotter Connect – 3 (Latest from Option webpage)
After this installation there are no remaining issues in the device manager, the HSUPA Modem
is correctly identified and the drivers are installed as a part of the Globetrotter Connect
software and the light sensor works.