Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to register Sony Laptop

profile.country.en_GB.title
RochCh
Visitor

Unable to register Sony Laptop

Please can someone help me. I'm unable to register my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ31S laptop. It doesn't recognise the model number and I can't select it from the drop down list. The product code (VGN-FZ31S) is definitely correct as if I go to "Support" I can select this model from the list and get the drivers etc.

Ultimately what I want to get is the BIOS driver / install file.

And so whilst I can't register this product I'm also unable to email Sony support either. Does anyone have a valid email address if there's no help for my above 2 points!

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ultimately what I want to get is the BIOS driver / install file.

Hi RochCh,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Is this Vaio new to you or did you forget to register your FZ31S when orginally purchased..:smileyconfused:

There are a selections of downloads available for your vaio on the Vaio Support site, click on the following link - Downloads & Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities, but unfortunately nothing for the BIOS..

flogger12345
Visitor

Hi Roch. You might have typed the incorrect model number. Try calling their support hotline so they could walk you through with this.

I'm assuming that your notebook is still under warranty. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

RochCh
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus. This Vaio isn't new to us - we didn't register it when we originally purchased it :slight_frown: Does that mean that we cannot now register it?

I know i've looked at the downloads and can't see a BIOS one. Does that mean that therefore this isn't available?

Is there not a "Sony" support email i can write to for this? It's seems crazy that i have to phone them - i don't really have the spare time to do this. i can just about find time to jump on the computer to resolve my issue let alone sit on a phone call!!

Many thanks

RochCh
Visitor

Thanks flogger12345

It's definitly the correct model number. And no it's no longer under warranty (it's about 2/3 yrs old now!)

Thanks