Join now - be part of our community!

Teleplan Colchester UK

profile.country.en_GB.title
vinpower
Visitor

Teleplan Colchester UK

How reliable are these people? There are quite a number of objections to their practises of saying that Vaio’s have been damaged by the user in one way or the other and that the warranty terms are void, sending a heavy estimate for repairs. Ive just sent over to them a VGN-NS20E/S Vaio as it wouldn’t power up. Adaptor was checked & proved ok.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you checked direct with Sony Vaio Support?

:thinking:

vinpower
Visitor

yeh, i emailed them first and they gave me some items i had to check i.e. remove battery press power button for 20 secs etc etc, none worked. So i decided to call Vaio direct in warranty 0870 240 2408. The Vaio was still within a few days of the first year of warranty. My concern is who reliable/honest is this private Teleplan company!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/112535-shocking-customer-service-...

I should say however that i didnt like the quality of the cardboard package that was supplied to return the Vaio.

vinpower
Visitor

got a mobile text message to say it's been repaired. YES! I'll post the results when i get it back and to see if they say what was done.

vinpower
Visitor

As i promised i got it back 'Sony Repair Centre' say they replaced the Main Board.

When DHL handed it over to me it was moving all over the place in the cardboard box package. I rang the DHL agent and told them that i had signed for receipt of the laptop but without knowing it was working as it was loose inside the box.

Low and behold it doesn't work, no image, but backlight is lit.

Here we go again to report it etc etc etc.

The packages supplied are very poor and do not contain any other material e.g. bubble pack to hold the laptop in place.

vinpower
Visitor

Reported it to Vaio support and they now have sent another flimsy non bubble pack box via DHL to me.
Let's see what happens this time.
Laptop appeared to boot up but i only had the LCD backlight lit, no image viweable.

I ask you, DHL ship from UK to Belgium, then to north Spain, then to southern Spain and finally to the Pillar of Hercules.
Why not a direct shipment from UK to the Pillar of Hercules? It would be cheaper and quicker.

I await to see what repair is done this time.