Join now - be part of our community!

Stamina/Speed Switch Not Working after clean Install Vista on SZ4

desaputra
Visitor

Stamina/Speed Switch Not Working after clean Install Vista on SZ4

Please help,

I reinstall Vista (clean installed) about 2mths ago... but just today I realised that Stamina/Speed Switch not working... Light on for Stamina and my graphic currently using internal Intel GMA, and I didn't find any of NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 driver/hardware any where.

All others button/switch worked fine... S1,S2,Wireless,Fn... all worked fine except Stamina/Speed button.

Please help...

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.ru_RU.title
taery_
Visitor

I have the same problem with sony vaio vgn-sz420n, OS - windows7. Anybody knows what can I do?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dancrazyman
Visitor

I am having exaclty the same problem with my VGN-ZS4XWN, ive spend the last 2 days trying different drivers and no luck.

I did a clean install of vista, everything works fine, except the stamina/speed button. trying installing nvidia driver from sony website and all i get is there is no hardware to match these drivers. the Nvidia graphic card isnt showing up in the device manager. i also have a device that is showing up not installed probley "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC5" is what comes up when i try and install drivers, but unable to install

my stamina/speed button just stay light on stamina mode, even if i flip the switch to speed mode.

ive come up to a brick wall now, hope sumone can help asap

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm not sure what you have tried?

Download the Original Drivers Package and the Original Utilities Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-SZ4MN_B

Check in Device Manager if the 'Sony Firmware Extension Parser' is installed under 'Human Interface Devices'.  If it is not you will need to install SFEP from the Original Drivers PackageYou also need the Sony version of the nVidia Graphics Driver (under the UPDATES Tab).

From the Original Utilities Package, install the following Utilities IN THIS ORDER: -

1. Sony Utils DLL

2. Sony Shared Library

3. Setting Utility Series

4. Vaio Event Service

There are many other Utilities you may wish to install to make the Camera, Fingerprint Reader, Bluetooth, Wireless Switch etc. etc. work properly.

:wink:

dancrazyman
Visitor

still no luck, followed your steps, once i tryed to install the nvidia video drivers, it came up with the message "The Nvidia Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatable with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

everything is is still working finger print etc, only thing still not working is the speed side of the stamina/speed button.

link was for a different laptop model wasnt sure if that was intentional, but i used to my own model link.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You need to be in Speed Mode to be able to install the driver. Otherwise the nVidia card will not be recognised in Device Manager.

There is a long thread on this subject in this forum: -

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/342947-my-discoveries-vaio-z-s-hybrid-graphics.html

I am sorry but I don't have time to go through it for you this evening.  Perhaps you will find the solution first!

:wink:

dancrazyman
Visitor

no worries mate thank you for your replys.

i have had the switch back and forward from stamina to speed and nothing happens speed light doesnt come on or reconise anything new in device manager. that tread u linked i have only scanned it tbh but everyone seems to be talking about windows 7, im running Vista

sipearc99
Visitor

Did you ever get anywhere with this issue? I have the exact same problem :slight_frown:

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
Lucvainl
Visitor

Install the Sony notebook control utility.  Everything works now including the stamina speed button.

At least it worked for my vpcse190x with windows7.

I downloaded from Sony esupport.