Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio PCG-71911M Backlight ?

Sony Vaio PCG-71911M Backlight ?

Hi, i am trying to sort out my neighbours Sony Vaio for him, his Son dropped it apparently. The screen was cracked, and not showing anything so i ordered a new one.

After installing it the screen was still black, so i shone a torch on it and the desktop is there.

Am i right in thinking that there is a backlight on this model, and is it possible the fuse may have blown ?

If so, where about can i find it and what is the best way to go about sorting it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi MadMonkey1966

Can you please give us the correct model designation as shown on the screen surround - it will be something like VPCEH3N6E.

You are giving us the chassis type which can be shared by several models with differing specifications.

If it is a VPCEH3N6E then I believe it has a screen with a built in LED backlight and only usually needs the cable to be re-connected to the circuit board/inverter on the back of the screen.

:thinking:

HI Blencogo, thanks for the reply. On the screen surroundit only has VPCEH in the bottom right corner.

On the back it does have its product name which is VPCEH3N6E :slight_smile:

So i guess it is the one you are thinking of. I can't see what is wrong, the lead come from the base, splits in 2, one bit connects to the screen back with a flat connector about an inch wide, and the other connector goes up to the little camera cicuit board.

The flat connector must be in ok as like i say, when i shine a torch on it i can see the desktop.