Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Care Update Failing Continuously

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sheldorbaz1nga
New

Sony Vaio Care Update Failing Continuously

Good morning,

I'm using a Sony Vaio SVE1711X1EB laptop and trying to update Vaio Care without success.

The current version is 7.3.0.14170 and when it starts I get an automated prompt that I cannot use it until it's updated.  Fair enough I think, so I click to update.  An extraction process begins and I am faced with the following prompt;

"This software will not run on this device. The software installation will be cancelled."

So I click on the OK button and another extracting process begins automatically.  This leads to the following message;

"No software version applicable to this update is installed.

VAIO Care 6.4.2

VAIO Care 7.3

The update will be cancelled."

I click on the OK button and the Vaio Care program minimises back to the tray.  The whole process just loops like this and I can't update the software at all.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?  Is a fresh Vaio Care install required?  If so, where from?

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
sheldorbaz1nga
New

Update

Well after disabling my AV the Vaio Care update finally ran as normal, although it took a restart for the new 8.1 version to show in the 'About' dialog box.

Silly really, and something Sony support should really have a good look into.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
sheldorbaz1nga
New

Update

Well after disabling my AV the Vaio Care update finally ran as normal, although it took a restart for the new 8.1 version to show in the 'About' dialog box.

Silly really, and something Sony support should really have a good look into.

profile.country.en_GB.title
sickofchoosinganame
Explorer

Driving me mad - every so often I try and resolve it but nothing seems to work and Vaio Care doesn't open at all and throws up an error when I boot up laptop. Seems to be no option to uninstall and reinstall.  Works fine on other laptop - same software, AV etc. Just having another go, disabling AV as suggested, no joy.  

:cry:

__

Edited - Spaces removed

Zomb89
Explorer

I posted this on a related thread:

Same problem here.

It told me that before I could make recovery discs I had to install/update Vaio Care Recovery. I tried and it failed.

So I looked in Support and downloaded the file manually and now there is no recovery option there at all. The only option that appears is Restore. There is nothing else.

I have never seen anything like this in my life, all I want to do is make a recovery discs. I have left it long enough as it is (had my Vaio for nearly two months now).

Am I missing a step somewhere? When I uninstall the update, the option for Recovery appears again but when you cllick on it you go back to the start of the process -  you must download update, update failed please try again later.

I want this resolved before I install Windows 8.1 but it looks like I will have to go ahead and install 8.1 without having any Recovery discs.

qorkum
New

Navigate to the following folder and delete the VAIO Update Folder, relaunch VAIO Update and your issue should be resolved.

C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Update
1) Press the Windows key and R
2) copy and paste without the quotes "C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Update"
3) Press Enter
4) Delete the entire folder
5) Launch VAIO Update

This should resolve your issue

We found and reproduce your issue and the root cause was due to the URL string that we enter in. It was the filename. We use xxxxxx.exe for the file name which was lower case. We had to change it to xxxxxx.EXE uppercase for the file extension and this fix the problem.

Unfortunately the XML files that VAIO Update downloads in the backend is cache so you are not getting the updated XML files with the files.

Deleting the entire VAIO Update folder structure will cause VAIO Update to redownload all updated files with the fix.

Hope that you helps you out and sorry about the issue that you've encountered.

Thanks a lot, I did exactly what you said and I got my Vaio Care software working again.