Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Uk Servive

LexiLuli
Visitor

Sony Uk Servive

We bought a VGN-CS21S Red last May without knowing about the fan problem. Last week it started to make an odd vibrating noise.

On Wednesday last week (25th March 2010) I contacted Sony through the on-line service. They arranged for a carrier to pick up the laptop on Thursday. Which they did.

I received a text on Friday morning telling me thay had received the laptop and would contact me when it was ready.

I received another text on Friday afternoon telling me the laptop was on its way home.

It arrived this morning (Monday 29th March 2010) with a new fan, new main board and a BIOS update. It was also cleaned and looking like new.

That to me is about as good a service as you could wish for. Excellent!!! Thanks Sony

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi LexiLuli,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to read a post on the forum when someone's happy with the service they've received from Sony.. :slight_smile:

You may not be aware that this is a user forum and as such Sony personnel don't visit the forum so I've passed your comments on to Sony on your behalf..

Timish
Visitor

I'm absolutely thrilled by the UK service as well. Mine was shipped from Hungary because of ventillation problems, on last Wednesday. Today I received it back safe and sound, cleaned and with a cleaning cloth as an extra gift.

Really quick job and great service, thumbs up!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Excellent, thanks for sharing Timish... :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
ravbambh
Visitor

Hi,
I on the other hand had a different experience. I had issues with my keyboard on my VGN-FZ11Z. The issue was that the majority of the keys on the right hand side of the keyboard wouldn’t work and others on the left hand side of the keyboard would.

I had extended warranty and sent it to vaio. They took 2 weeks to solve the issue. Ok fine. However when I turned on my laptop, my Bluetooth and wireless wasn’t working!

Called up viao and went through their procedure. Turned out I had to send it off again. This time it again took 2 weeks to resolve and found that the fact that they had to change the motherboard, they should have also changed the Bluetooth, wireless hardware too probably due to the compatibility.

My conclusion is that their procedure in testing their customers’ belongings is not as stringent as it should be. Quality issue I say. Big name like Sony.....not impressed!

Rav

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ah not so good Rav, hope your VAIO was fixed ok in the end.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
ravbambh
Visitor

Thalamus,

Yep did get fixed in the end but wasn't impressed with the service.

Cheers

Rav