Join now - be part of our community!

Removing back cover of V2M

Exinferis
Visitor

Removing back cover of V2M

Sorry guys, I know this has been asked ad-infinitum, but I've spent the last two days searching here and on Google and I can't find an answer. I'm desperate to get the back off my V2M so I can clean the fans and have a little less screeching while doing my work!

So, can anyone point me in the direction of a tut for getting the darn thing open?

Cheers,
Ex.

12 REPLIES 12
Exinferis
Visitor

Aww, come on guys; someone must know how to dismantle the beast?!

ayie
Visitor

just go to SUPPORT then TUTORIALS then MEMORY UPGRADE. It will tell you how to open the back panel. Goodluck...

Exinferis
Visitor

No, that's not what I mean. I need to get the whole rear panel off so I can get to the guts of the machine! I found a post elsewhere that tells of how to get to the HDD, but I need to get to the fans. Removing the memory cover doesn't help.

Someone else asked about this a while ago and, like him, I got to getting all the screws out but can't figure out how to actually remove the back panel!

Exinferis
Visitor

Never mind, figured it out myself. Fans now squeaky clean!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Never mind, figured it out myself. Fans now squeaky clean!

Excellent, care to share how Exinferis.?

I'm sure it will be useful to other Club Vaio members.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Antique wrote in THIS THREAD ..

Yes I could with that information. Mt optical drive gave up and needed replacement. Thought I was lucky PC World had one, so they said, bought it got back home only to find it wasn't the right one, even so I also removed all the screws and nothing moved so don't be so selfish let us know how you solved it, Please,, pretty please

Exinferis
Visitor

...so don't be so selfish let us know how you solved it, Please,, pretty please

Selfish? Moi? Not so! A simple request would have surficed! I'm quite hurt... :slight_frown:

However, since you said "please"..:

You don't actually need to remove the whole rear cover to get to the CD/DVD drive, you just need to remove the screws around the drive area on the back and then you can simply slide the whole drive out. Make sure you remove the screw that's indented as this is the one that holds the drive in place; if you fail to take it out you won't get the drive out!

Thalamus, you know I'd do anything for you as you've been so helpful to me in the past. However, I don't have the time right now to post a complete guide, but I will endevor to write one as soon as I can and then post it for all to read. I was actually quite surprised as to how flippin' easy it was to do once I'd figured it out! Lol!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

However, I don't have the time right now to post a complete guide, but I will endevor to write one as soon as I can and then post it for all to read.

Thank you Exinferis, that would be great.. :slight_smile:

Exinferis
Visitor

I've now been able to write this guide and it's available here

I hope it's useful!

Ex