Join now - be part of our community!

Réglage volume télécommande - Impossible to change Sound volume withRC

jtsec
Visitor

Réglage volume télécommande - Impossible to change Sound volume withRC

Hello

New VAIO VGX XL 201 (XP)
Connexion to my Audio/Video Amplifier trough RCA CINCH

On mode Media Center action on volume keys of remote control has no effect on the volume! on the screen I can see volume countor changing but no effect on sound level !

With windows media player if I change volume with mouse on the sound cursor it work !
If I use remote control an other big cursor appear, changing with button action but without effect on sound

Help me please

3 REPLIES 3
mbernbrich
Visitor

hi, unfortunately I have a similar or same problem:
I connected the stereo output from the rear side to my amp. I can not control the volume via RC or keyboard. Even when i open the volume from the speaker icon in the system tray, the volume change does not work.

The manual does not clearly tell what goes on, but the RC and the - + keys do control the headphone on the front only.

This is an odd thing as many times I need to change the volume and I allways have to use a second RC (from my amp) just to set the volume :-((

SONY, please help, this is an essential thing!!

centurio
Visitor

Hi,

I had the same issue with the RCA - volume control, look for a "volume tracker" rev. 1.0.1.1 mce-addon. It solved it for me! 🐵

mbernbrich
Visitor

Hi centurio,

thank you for the hint - that helped me a lot.
I was offline for a while as I tried Vista with my VAIO XL201. The Vista MC is able to handle the volume correctly, but there are many other issues (stuttering video playback) that made me turning back to XP...

Again thanks and bye :slight_smile: :smileygrin: :slight_smile: