Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery DVD image bug needs fixing

andyholliday
Visitor

Recovery DVD image bug needs fixing

I created the recovery DVDs on my Vaio VPC-EB1E0E straight away.

I have a problem with the laptop and tried to restore using the recovery DVD

1) When I restore C drive, I get the error "No recovery drive letter found, use full drive restore"

2) When I try to recover the entire drive, it then only gives me the option to restore the C drive! I get the same error as above!

How can I restore my system back to normal when there is this bug in the recovery software?!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andy and welcome.

You should be able to restore your Vaio to factory settings directly from the hard disc Recovery Partition by tapping F10 during the boot sequence.

Have a look at the bottom of Page 9 in your 'Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide' - see the section headed 'To recover your computer system from the recovery partition'. You can download the Guide here if you do not have the original copy: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2010Q1_TRG_EN.pdf

I would contact Vaio Support - if there is a bug in the DVD creation program they should be prepared to send you a set of discs.

:wink:

andyholliday
Visitor

Many thanks for the speedy response. The problem is that the partitions on the HD became corrupt so I need to use the recovery DVDs. Because of the bug in the software it won't let me do it.

I will contact Sony support and hopefully they'll let me have a fix.

Many thanks