Join now - be part of our community!

Problem on changing brightness in xp have done on 80%! read inside.

knik777
Visitor

Problem on changing brightness in xp have done on 80%! read inside.

hello all!
i have found some trick to do Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 buttons work correctly.
my vaio model is VGN-CR21.
there are no oficial utilites on this model for xp. so i came to sony-asia site and downloaded utilites from there. In this site there are drivers and utilities on all models for xp! and there is no matter if you purchased your notebook with vista business or vista basic. But there were no my model in list (i suppose asians names their models deffer than ours models). So I download utilities for CR24. And it is no matter i think! It suits to my note too.
so let's go.
STEP1 - To do brightness control bar move by pushing Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 buttons.

first of all you need to install utilities on your notebook. you can try utilities for xp from other models of notebook. it works! After installing, while pressing brightness keys you look on the display brightness contol picture. It moves left and right depends on what you are press - Fn+F5 or Fn+F6.
Picture moves but display brightness stand at the same level! It is no reaction.

STEP2 - to teach display change brightness when brightness picture moves.

i have notebook with intel video card. So when i installed drivers for video, there appear INTEL GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR in control panel. In this software you can change brightness and contrast of you display. Really! But not comfortable to go to control panel every time you want to change brightness! You can add an icon of intel graphics accelerator to task bar. And change brightness in three clicks. But it is not comfortable too.
So now i suggest you to try next method:
go to control panel-intel graphics accelerator - there are two sliders - for changing brightness and for changing contrast. Also you can create a profile with settings. Don't change any settings and create a profile1. Then change brightness to the value of -60 (minimum value) and create the second profile named profile2.
Then applyone of the profiles (select its name and push apply button). Opa!!!!! Since you applied it - the keys Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 must WORK!!! :slight_smile:

And all will be right with this question. But there is a problem. When you restart your Windows (or turn off your computer and start again), brightness buttons will not work until you apply any graphic profile again!

Now think about - how to make windows to apply graphic profile every time you start windows?
Please give me some advice on this problem. :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
knik777
Visitor

are there somebody who was interested in this problem?
Have you tried to change brightnes by my method on other models?
please answer.