Join now - be part of our community!

No internet :(

No internet :(

So i have a Sony Vaio and it has suddenly just decided the internet doesn't want to work.

I have the bars in the bottom right with a yellow ball over them (it was a red cross but i think i updated a driver and now it's changed to that), it just says limited access. I have also tried attaching to my modem with an Ethernet cable and that won't connect either.

In my adapter setting it shows 4 connections:

Bluetooth (not connected)

LAN - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (network cable unplugged)

Wireless Network Connection - Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter (Enabled)

Wireless Network Connection 3 - Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2 (not connected)

If i troubleshoot it says:

There may be a preoblem with the driver for the Local Area Connection Adapter

There may be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection 3 Adapter

A bit more info about the computer - 

It has Windows 7 Home Premium on it which came installed. Its an Intel Core i3 

Thanks for any help!!

2 REPLIES 2

Anyone??

sgdavies

Hi Cath, I did read this yesterday but didnt want to reply, as I would be clutching at straws, but since nobody else has said anything, maybe something is better than nothing.

I am not sure why a yellow ball would be over the wifi connection. but it might be worth a shot, going into your device manager, locating the Wifi driver, right clicking to uninstall, then reboot, the pc should find automatically the correct driver for wifi, and see if it connects. out of interest, do other devices connect ok to this router?

Also which model VAIO have you got? also what Windows OS?