Join now - be part of our community!

No BIOS update at all for my laptop

profile.country.SE.title
ilmoro76
New

No BIOS update at all for my laptop

Hi,

I´m on my laptop (VPCCA2C5E) Sony support page and I cannot find any bios update at all, neither a very old one. It seems Sony never supported my product as well as many others!

Can someone drive me to the correct webpage where to find the latest bios and check if I´m updated?

PS: don´t tell me please the product is old, I know, just searching the newest bios even if gfrom 2010! (on every othetr company website there are bios files from any released model, even if the anciencts).

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is there some particular functionality that you are looking for that is not supported by the current BIOS version?

Unless something is broken, I would not try to fix it!

profile.country.SE.title
ilmoro76
New

Hi, very strange question since it´s not me the expert...just stuffs like compatibility microcodes updates, bugfixes, etc.

I can only say I think there is a bug in the fan system since the fan nise is absolutely unacceptable. No way to set it to "silent" mode or something like that...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is no listed BIOS update.

Sony have published many software and utility updates on the support page for your model here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcca2c5e?downloads-num=145

These appear to to be the only updates available.