Join now - be part of our community!

Logitech quickcam 5000

profile.country.en_GB.title
brittlejester
Explorer

Logitech quickcam 5000

Hi
I have just bought a VGC RC-204 desktop. I installed my Logitech quick cam 5000 on it but I find that it "kills" the desktop speakers. I have tried to configure it so I can use the microphone on the cam and the desktop speakers to broadcast voice, but to not avail. If I switch off the computer, unplug the cam then start up again, the speakers work no problem.plug in the cam and they quit. Can anyone help?
By the way , why do I have to create my own rescue disks? for £2000 + you would expect them to be included , they were on my vaio laptop!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Brittlejester

Have you tried going to sounds and audio devices in control panel to check the settings?

Also have you checked the webcam settings in messenger for example?

profile.country.en_GB.title
brittlejester
Explorer

Yes I have, that is what is so frustrating. I have done all that, but as soon as the webcam is plugged in the speakers stop. The webcam itself works fine. I have used it on a viao laptop without any problems with the speakers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I had a few problems with a logitech webcam but it seemed to sort itself out when I removed the logitech suite they give you and just installed the driver. I can't remember if that was an option on the disc or whether I downloaded just the driver from the Logitech site.