Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard problem with VGN-FS115B

sopark
Visitor

Keyboard problem with VGN-FS115B

Hi all. I've just got my Vaio last week. Firstly, I had a problem with the keyboard when I tried to configure the notebook on the first use. Actually, it was only happened when I pressed either 'Delete', 'Backspace' or 'Enter'. Those keys gave a strange results, like when I tried to delete some characters using 'Backspace', instead of deleting the last character, it typed '789'. The same thing happened when I pressed 'Delete' and 'Enter' but with different characters generated. If I kept pressing those keys, it would activate 'The keyboard shortcut dialog'. Anyway, the problem went away after a few restart. Today, the same problem comes back again. I can't even press 'Enter' key to start a new line and I have to correct misspelling by selecting the text and cut it because I can't use the 'Delete' key. I tried to change the keyboard layout in advanced language input setting, but doesn't help. Anybody finds the same problem like this or know how to get round it? Thank you very much.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Virus, Trojan?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Either that or bad wirirng

sopark
Visitor

Thank both of you very much. I scanned my Vaio but didn't find any virus. However, the problem intermittently reappears. I've already contacted Vaio customer support in the UK and they suggested that it might be a hardware problem as one of you suggested. Therefore, I'll contact the dealer for a replacement. Thank you very much again.

kee-lo_

I am suprised Sony didn't want to repair it under their warranty

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

me too:smileyconfused:

sopark
Visitor

Yes, Sony is willing to repair it, but as this is a brand new laptop. I'd rather have it replaced.

kee-lo_

Yes, Sony is willing to repair it, but as this is a brand new laptop. I'd rather have it replaced.

Hope it goes well

sopark
Visitor

Befor I contact Sony, I tried restoring the notebook completely to see what happens. After completing the process, the problem was still there. I still had faulty responses from the three keys. As I have already told you, It happened off and on.
The next step I tried was updating all the drivers (video card, pointing device, and so on). You know what, the problem is all gone. I think that's because of restarting it (I normally put it to hibernation, rather than 'Shut down'). It's been 2 days since the last time I had the problem and I'm still counting.
I hope this is the solution. Let's see what happen.

Stephanius
Visitor

Nine out of ten of these keyboard issues are liquid spillage.

Are you sure the Vaio's box was sealed when you received it?