Join now - be part of our community!

Installing PCG GRT786M Display Drivers.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ItsAaron
Visitor

Installing PCG GRT786M Display Drivers.

Hi. I run Windows XP Proffesional SP3, and I am attempting to follow instructions to install a video driver. The instructions come from the Sony website and are these:

1. Download the video driver ( VCD_Nvd_4690.zip ) and save it to a download directory

2. Right-click the Zip file and select Extract All

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to extract the Zip file to a directory (please note this folder for reference)

4. Close all running programs.

5. Open C:\Drivers and rename or delete the "Video" folder

6. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click the "Add or Remove Programs" icon

7. Select "NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers" and click "Change/Remove"

8. Click Yes, and then Click OK to restart the computer

9. After computer restarts, a Found New Hardware Wizard appears automatically.

However from step 5 onwards none of it is possible. The Drivers/Video/NVidia folder is not there, Nvidia doesnt show up under add or remove programs, and I never have a Found New Hardware Wizard appear. I have checked in device manager and no Video/Display Adapters show under it.

Please help :slight_frown:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ItsAaron,

I’m surprised that you can find nothing listed in Device Manager under Display Adaptors or at least an adaptor with a warning that drivers are not installed. If an adaptor of some description was present you could update the driver using the ‘Have Disk’ method:

1. Extract the files from the installation package.
  2. Click Start > Control Panel.
  3. Double-click the System icon. Note: Select Switch to classic view if the system icon is not visible.
  4. Click the Hardware tab.
  5. Click Device Manager.
  6. Click the + symbol in front Device Category to expand the section.
  7. Right-click the Device and click Properties.
  8. Click the Driver tab.
  9. Click Update Driver.
  10. Click No, not this time and click Next.
  11. Click Install from a list or specified location and click Next.
  12. Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next.
  13. Click Have Disk....
  14. Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you placed the extracted files.
  15. Click OK.
  16. Click Next.
  17. Click Finish.
  18. Reboot your system if requested.

If all else fails then try installing from the INF file contained within the download package. Extract VCD_Nvd_4690.zip to a known location – such as a new folder on the desktop. Then, within that folder, locate NVSZ.INF, right click and select ‘Install’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ItsAaron,

I’m surprised that you can find nothing listed in Device Manager under Display Adaptors or at least an adaptor with a warning that drivers are not installed. If an adaptor of some description was present you could update the driver using the ‘Have Disk’ method:

1. Extract the files from the installation package.
  2. Click Start > Control Panel.
  3. Double-click the System icon. Note: Select Switch to classic view if the system icon is not visible.
  4. Click the Hardware tab.
  5. Click Device Manager.
  6. Click the + symbol in front Device Category to expand the section.
  7. Right-click the Device and click Properties.
  8. Click the Driver tab.
  9. Click Update Driver.
  10. Click No, not this time and click Next.
  11. Click Install from a list or specified location and click Next.
  12. Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next.
  13. Click Have Disk....
  14. Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you placed the extracted files.
  15. Click OK.
  16. Click Next.
  17. Click Finish.
  18. Reboot your system if requested.

If all else fails then try installing from the INF file contained within the download package. Extract VCD_Nvd_4690.zip to a known location – such as a new folder on the desktop. Then, within that folder, locate NVSZ.INF, right click and select ‘Install’.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat