Join now - be part of our community!

HELP !- Screen blacks out occasionally without power supply

moShine
Visitor

HELP !- Screen blacks out occasionally without power supply

Hi all,

First time poster so hopin' someone call help me out on a couple of things.

I've had a purdy lime green Vaio VGN-C1S notebook for just over a year however it's developed. The main problem is that when using it without the power supply plugged in, web browsers and windows occasionally wobble. Then within 20 minutes or less the screen blacks out (or turns dark blue).
The Vaio is still responsive to increases in volume and brightness however I cannot CTRL-ALT-TAB out of the problem. This usually forces me to cold reboot it.
Has anyone had this problem with theirs and do you know how to fix it?

I also spilt a small amount of orange juice on the tracker pad and now the left and right tracker buttons are either too stiff or soft and the DVD tray doesn't smoothly open or close fully.

My guarantee has ran out but I have private insurance through my company.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
carloscerros
Visitor

Hi moShine,

Liquid spillage on your computer has oxidized micro components on your motherboard and this can be the result of wobbling images on LCD and other erratic behaviours.

I recommend you to apply your private insurance according their policy if it covers liquid spillage.

moShine
Visitor

thanks for the reply?

Are you sure the blackouts are related to the spill a while back?

They don't occur when the power supply is plugged in.

My insurance has a £250 excess so unless repair costs were more than that it wouldn't be worth it.