Join now - be part of our community!

hard drive dies

femorra
Visitor

hard drive dies

i have a vgn-c2s..the hard drive keeps dieing i've used 4 in 6 months pls help wat do i do?

11 REPLIES 11
Cyberrob
Visitor

hm... that's really bad. Maybe you should send your Notebook back to Sony for checking the mainboard

littlebucko
Visitor

what do you mean by dieing?

femorra
Visitor

i cant return it to a service centre cos i'm all the way in west africa..dont know wat to do

carloscerros
Visitor

Do you have VOS Warranty (VAIO Over Seas) ?
If yes, pick up can be done in West Africa otherwise ...

femorra
Visitor

well it works normally for days no problem.. then one day on start-up the busy sign(on cursor)stays on for a long while then i force shut down.. when i swiitch on it says operating system on found..hdd doesnt ever work again even when used as an external drive

carloscerros
Visitor

Indeed, it's hardware issue and your computer needs to go to a repair center ...

femorra
Visitor

Do you have VOS Warranty (VAIO Over Seas) ?
If yes, pick up can be done in West Africa otherwise ...

i dont have VOS

littlebucko
Visitor

ok this is not your laptop at fault it is windows with corrupt data (the best thing to do hear is to do a vaio recovery this should sort out the problem but you will loose all your data if you dont do a backup

carloscerros
Visitor

Keep in minf, if you are lucky to enter in FR Wizard, there is a tool "Data rescue" which allows to backup your data on CD/DVD or external HDD and there is also a tool "Hardware test" which shows if HDD defective or not.