Join now - be part of our community!

HalfLife 2 - Episode 1 + VAIO = Bluescreen !

Willi000
Visitor

HalfLife 2 - Episode 1 + VAIO = Bluescreen !

Hi ,

i have problem. When i try to run HalfLife 2 - Episode 1 ( new game ) it crashes with a bluescreen ...error in nv4_disp.dll.
I have VGN-FS 315H with Geforce Go 6400.

On nvidia site they say that the driver there is not for mobile cards i have to use driver provided from notebook manufactorer.

What now ?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are you sure the specs can handle HL2?

Willi000
Visitor

Yes i played HalfLife 2 ( original game ) with no problems. Runs fast even with high quality settings. That i liked very much, but now the new version ( addon ) for HL2 crashes .... 😞

tonybeard
Explorer

Make an .iso image using Alcohol 120 and go the www.gameburnworld.com and get the game crack to play using the .iso which will get around the securom security. I do this with any game I have that requires a heavy CPU usage as the latency is almost non existant. Means you are quicker on the job to get the bad guys LOL. I also recommend a Zboard keyboard. It gives you 11 simultaneous buttons as apose to 2 with a standard keyboard (it writes more lines) Good hunting

Willi000
Visitor

????

But this doesnt solve the problem with the graphics driver .....

tonybeard
Explorer

It's likely your system is bluescreening because you don't take the pressure off your graphics card so your system doesn't crash as the frame rate reads from a higher speed drive and therefore can cope.
Go to the manufacturers site and get the latest driver, set a restore point and try it. Otherwise Half life 2 is just too much so get a desktop. I use 64 bit with 256 meg Graphics cards and still mount on a virtual drive...thats why I kick arse in Battlefield 2 and all CS (yawn) games.

mark_mark24
Visitor

It's likely your system is bluescreening because you don't take the pressure off your graphics card so your system doesn't crash as the frame rate reads from a higher speed drive and therefore can cope. 

This happened with me for the original half-life 2 game (VGN-FS315M, 1024mb RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 6400 128mb) . i fixed it by updating the BIOS and installing the latest display drivers.

hope this helps you.:smileyhappy:

Mark.

AliClifton
Visitor

you can get drivers for your card here www.vaio-link.com

or more up 2 date ones here www.laptopvideo2go.com

make sure you read installation instructions first, this should solve your problem, used to happen to me in bf2