Join now - be part of our community!

FZ11 series XP Downgrade SOLVED Sigmatel Headphone problem.

SIMON5080
Visitor

FZ11 series XP Downgrade SOLVED Sigmatel Headphone problem.

Finally cracked the problem of the built in speakers not turning off when plugging in headphones. Heres how I did it.

1. First installed the original Vista drivers using the update drivers wizard in device manager. Now this doesn't work as it cannot start the driver (code 10 in the error log).
2. I then checked the registry key for the driver which is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check your registry and you should have the same key. I then navigated to 0015\Settings\pin, within this key, and exported it to pin.reg.

3. Installed a version of the Sigmatel driver I knew worked although headphone issue. Ver 5.10.5067. This was obtained from the FZ19VN XP downgrade.

4. Imported the Pin.reg and rebooted laptop.

This sounds simple but is a result of a lot of time and research, If you don't want to do the above just install the 5.10.5067 drivers and import the pin.reg file listed below.

Please post your results if this also works for you. Only thing left is the S AV and Brightness controls as these are still not working.

17 REPLIES 17
balasyon
Visitor

hey man,

I also have "fz11e" and I also installed xp pro on it, I had same problem with sound but it now works. Thanks.
May I have another question!
I'm succeed just with video,audio,camera and memory stick drivers.

My "fn" button doesn't work, and when you close the laptop, windows automatically doesn't log off or turn off. Which drivers I need for it?
Please suggestions,
Thanks

mantratvt
Visitor

any other answers for thys topic ? becouse i have the same problem,

i have fz11m and im looking for xp drivers, and for me is imposibile to instal sound...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mantratvt and welcome to Club Vaio.

What have you tried?

To install sound when downgrading to XP: -

1. Install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for high Definition Audio KB835221 first. If you don't install this first, you will get no sound in XP. I have attached this Hotfix to the bottom of this post.

2. Install the XP Version of the Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio Codec. You can download it as "3_Audio.ZIP" from here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ19/DRIVERS

:wink:

mantratvt
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

so i try to intstal thys patch and some other patches from the same family ,

and i try to instal sound drivers from vaio ftp .. and it doesnt worked,

atm i have more than 1.5 GB audio drivers on my pc...and i dont know what shoud i do ... when i back home, i will reinstal xp one more time and o clean system i will try to instal,

but i have in my mind some error : when i try to instal audio drivers after UAA ... somethink like - we cant find hardware ...or smth like that

maybe its stupid...but i alwasy instal:

1. intel chipset

after chipset

2. patch and sounddrivers...

maybe its the point - but i dont think so...

anyway thx for ur time .. .like i said i will try to reinstal xp and try to do it on clean OS

mantratvt
Visitor

oh, its working, but it wasnt easy,

i think my xp cd had some problems, becouse when i reinstal sp2 from ms page everythink works fine

and now i have a sound/camera/card reader/ and more ... :wink: thx a lot

SIMON5080
Visitor

Hi All,

Well I have been doing a lot of forum searching to get all the info needed to install XP from fresh and get everthing working as it should. I have finally managed this with one exception - the audio out on the HDMI, which I can live without.

Everthing includes the on screen Audio/Brightness controls. FN keys F2 F5 F6 and F12. AV and S buttons as well as the play/pause and next/previous controls. The Sony Asia site contains the XP downgrade drivers AND Applications which are required to get all the above working. These are not supplied on the UK site for some reason. My Model is the VGN-FZ11L but i'm sure this will work on the FZ range including FZ11M

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/225477/sectionfirst?subpage=detail

Once you have downloaded all the software Drivers and Applications follow the instructions from section 3 on that page or view the pdf HERE but when getting to the Nvidia graphics driver install dont use the one supplied. Instead use the drivers from -nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.74 and then use the modded inf file from this INF Link. This is the important part for getting the volume and Brightness controls to work. You basically unzip the First file to a folder on you comuter and then copy the INF file into the install folder.

Another important thing to note is the importance of installing the applications in order. Specifcally the Sony Shared Library, Sony Utilities DLL and Vaio Event service. If not this guide will not work.

Once all drivers and applications are installed the S button can be customised to whatever you want using the Vaio Control Center but to get the AV button working requires installing the software from another model of Vaio. The link for this is HERE. Now if you try and install this it will give you an error complaining that this software is not intended for your model of Vaio, Don't worry about this. The way round this is to start the install and wait for the initial setup screen- Dont continue just keep the screen open then open windows explorer or My Computer and browse to C:\WINDOWS and open model.txt. This file will contain the model of your Vaio so change it to

Model = "VGN-TZ195N"

Then save the file and go back to the initial setup scteen and continue. Note if you change this file before starting the install, the setup program changes the contents of the model.txt file to reflect your model of Vaio. Thats why this procedure has to be followed to effectively fool the setup program.

Hopefully by now the instructions above should get you to the stage where the only thing left to do is run the Pin.reg file from the begining of this forum post to get the audio working through the Headphones only when plugged in.

I have posted these links and instuctions to downgrade to XP as Vista in my opinion is the worst OS Microsoft could have done and does not compliment the power and style of this model of Vaio. I found it totally unusable as half my applications would not work.

I hope this guide will aid other users of this range of Vaio laptops in downgrading to XP.

profile.country.tr_TR.title
serzkan0
Visitor

Hi All,

Well I have been doing a lot of forum searching to get all the info needed to install XP from fresh and get everthing working as it should. I have finally managed this with one exception - the audio out on the HDMI, which I can live without.

Everthing includes the on screen Audio/Brightness controls. FN keys F2 F5 F6 and F12. AV and S buttons as well as the play/pause and next/previous controls. The Sony Asia site contains the XP downgrade drivers AND Applications which are required to get all the above working. These are not supplied on the UK site for some reason. My Model is the VGN-FZ11L but i'm sure this will work on the FZ range including FZ11M

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/225477/sectionfirst?subpage=detail

Once you have downloaded all the software Drivers and Applications follow the instructions from section 3 on that page or view the pdf HERE but when getting to the Nvidia graphics driver install dont use the one supplied. Instead use the drivers from -nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.74 and then use the modded inf file from this INF Link. This is the important part for getting the volume and Brightness controls to work. You basically unzip the First file to a folder on you comuter and then copy the INF file into the install folder.

Another important thing to note is the importance of installing the applications in order. Specifcally the Sony Shared Library, Sony Utilities DLL and Vaio Event service. If not this guide will not work.

Once all drivers and applications are installed the S button can be customised to whatever you want using the Vaio Control Center but to get the AV button working requires installing the software from another model of Vaio. The link for this is HERE. Now if you try and install this it will give you an error complaining that this software is not intended for your model of Vaio, Don't worry about this. The way round this is to start the install and wait for the initial setup screen- Dont continue just keep the screen open then open windows explorer or My Computer and browse to C:\WINDOWS and open model.txt. This file will contain the model of your Vaio so change it to

Model = "VGN-TZ195N"

Then save the file and go back to the initial setup scteen and continue. Note if you change this file before starting the install, the setup program changes the contents of the model.txt file to reflect your model of Vaio. Thats why this procedure has to be followed to effectively fool the setup program.

Hopefully by now the instructions above should get you to the stage where the only thing left to do is run the Pin.reg file from the begining of this forum post to get the audio working through the Headphones only when plugged in.

I have posted these links and instuctions to downgrade to XP as Vista in my opinion is the worst OS Microsoft could have done and does not compliment the power and style of this model of Vaio. I found it totally unusable as half my applications would not work.

I hope this guide will aid other users of this range of Vaio laptops in downgrading to XP.

Hi, thank you for your sharing. But I can't enter the filefront website that contains modded inf file about Nvidia. Pls can you give me via another link? Thanks in advance.

GuilhasBoy
Visitor

great! thx a lot men :smileygrin:

i use a vgn-fz11m but instead of \0015\ or \0026\ it was \0000\

bye