Join now - be part of our community!

fan unusually loud

amj.designs
Visitor

fan unusually loud

has anyone noticed that everytime you try to open a page or try to make windows do some task i.e disc clean up you get the fan kicks in in a strange noise?please help if there is an answer for this as it is quite abnormal and ennoying.this is like every half hour the least.may i say i ahve already updated everything via the vaio automatic update site.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's normal, it happens because the CPU usage rises.

Does it on the GRX and that's 3 years old now

theFOX
Visitor

it's the same fan sound u hear when u turn on ur computer, isn't it?

That happen when ur using the computer for a long time, so with the high temperature and when u do many things at the same time, it's just increase the fans speed. that's actually good :slight_smile: i become happy when it does that, it means it's very accurate

kee-lo_

Agreed, it's a good sign.

Good to see you back Fox

GattoMatto
Visitor

It could happend also because your fan is almost dead and could not cool down your PC at low speed :slight_frown: It happens once with my vaio. After 1 year fan started working hard all the time. Finaly computer started to shut down o restart because of different errors. I have sent it to repaire and they have changed fan. It returned to be silent. Now (after 9 month) I fear it starts to be noisy again.

amj.designs
Visitor

It could happend also because your fan is almost dead and could not cool down your PC at low speed :slight_frown:  It happens once with my vaio. After 1 year fan started working hard all the time. Finaly computer started to shut down o restart because of different errors.  I have sent it to repaire and they have changed fan.  It returned to be silent. Now (after 9 month) I fear it starts to be noisy again.

well the laptop is only 2 weeks old,so i don't know if it's the same cause as yours but i'll contact sony to see

amj.designs
Visitor

it's the same fan sound u hear when u turn on ur computer, isn't it?

That happen when ur using the computer for a long time, so with the high temperature and when u do many things at the same time, it's just increase the fans speed. that's actually good :slight_smile: i become happy when it does that, it means it's very accurate

it might be a good sign but is it normal as soon as you start using the laptop? you only have to open a page and you get the fan doing that noise where you said it has to be by using it for a long time i even wonder if it's not what makes the screen flash as it's overheating?

kee-lo_

Hit alt+crtl+del when the fan kicks in, and go to performance, and check the CPU usage
Then you go into processes and click on CPU to see what's using the CPU