Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers for VPCEB4E1E

SOLVED
fanadman
Explorer

Drivers for VPCEB4E1E

Hi folks

I was given a Sony Vaio VPCEB4E1E to repair. The hdd is totally dead and the system is a long time out of warranty. I managed to get Windows 7 installed on a new drive and most of the drivers. But I cannot find the driver for the wireless adapter or the webcam. The webcam is not too important but the WiFi is! I got the system up and connected using an external USB adapter but that is not really practical for the user.

Can anyone point me to the correct driver for the wireless adapter and if possible, the webcam driver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fanadman
Explorer

Solution!

Spoke to the owner and he said that he dropped the latop thus wrecking the hdd. So thought it might be an idea to physically check the card - damn thing was loose!

Reconnected it and all good now :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi fanadman and welcome.

You will find all the available drivers and software on the model's support pages here:-

www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB4E1E

Unfortunately, the support website appears to be down at the moment, so I can't check for the individual drivers you are asking for.

:wink:

fanadman
Explorer

Hi Blencogo

Thanks for the reply but sadly that page does not have the wireless adapter driver (well, unless I'm totally blind lol).

Have all the other drivers installed. When I turn off the wireless switch only the two Bluetooth devices stop (PAN and RFCOM Protocol TDI)

Have attached a screenshot of Device Manager just in case you can see something wrong.

Thanks

John

Device Manager.jpg 

fanadman
Explorer

Solution!

Spoke to the owner and he said that he dropped the latop thus wrecking the hdd. So thought it might be an idea to physically check the card - damn thing was loose!

Reconnected it and all good now :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good News!