Join now - be part of our community!

Dead BIOS recovery?

Dragonblaster
Visitor

Dead BIOS recovery?

I own a Sony Vaio VGN-FE41M laptop. Having had lots of blue-screen crash problems from the off (despite numerous reformats and recoveries and all updates installed), I was advised of a BIOS update that should help. I duly downloaded it and double-clicked it (no DOS floppy boot option). Lo and behold, one lovely BSOD in the middle of flashing!

One VAIO-branded doorstop with pretty lights, brief CD-ROM checking and no display. :cry:

Does anyone know of a "USB floppy" type recovery or other emergency BIOS revival method?

If not, does anyone know how long it would take for Sony to fix it, or if they would argue it was a non-warranty issue because my actions caused the fault? The system fell over every few weeks from the time I bought it, but it had never before crashed after successfully booting, as it had that night.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...

2 REPLIES 2
carloscerros
Visitor

Hi Dragonblaster,

Unfortunatelly, there is no other ways to update the BIOS through floppy disk @ Sony VAIO.

If your BIOS update has been a failure during update and unit does not boot @ all, I recommend you to use the in warranty of the computer. Argue to tech sup unit does not boot @ all and if computer in warranty & as it's not a physical damage, there should be no problem to pick up and repair in warranty.

Repair delays around 5-10 working days.

KR.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dragonblaster,

hopefully someone from Sony should be in contact soon.. :wink:

Please check the registration contact details are correct (click here )..